• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OMG CHEMISTRY UNIT 1 PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
It was REALLY different. What did you guys write for that electron affinity question down group 7

Reaction score
LOL..THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY!
i wrote decreases down the group cause the atomic number increases..more shielding..so there is less force of attraction between the new electron and the nucleus..
what was the element with the highest ionization energy?

Reaction score
I wrote increases :| But gave the correct explanation ._. 2 marks anyway, bleh. -_-
Helium has the hghest first Ionization Energy.

Reaction score
I wrote increases :| But gave the correct explanation ._. 2 marks anyway, bleh. -_-
Helium has the hghest first Ionization Energy.
i wrote helium and i gave the reasons that the periodicity trend is that as we go along a period the radius decreases etc...
the mcqs were really hard..i messed up all the ionic equations.

Reaction score
i wrote helium and i gave the reasons that the periodicity trend is that as we go along a period the radius decreases etc...
the mcqs were really hard..i messed up all the ionic equations.
I didn't find much of a problem with the MCQs. Just the one about the temperature change, Delta T thing? It was the trend question and why cracking is done that would've caught me if they did.

Reaction score
I didn't find much of a problem with the MCQs. Just the one about the temperature change, Delta T thing? It was the trend question and why cracking is done that would've caught me if they did.
what about the hazards?

Reaction score
for the Delta MCQ..in the begining i selected 1/5..cause the solution was dilute..so there would be less temperature change..and then i selected delta T itself.

Reaction score
for the Delta MCQ..in the begining i selected 1/5..cause the solution was dilute..so there would be less temperature change..and then i selected delta T itself.
so what u thnk is the correct answer?