• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OMG CHEMISTRY UNIT 1 PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I gave it 5 delta T..wat abt the ionisation of hydrogen?and the eqn including nitrogen n tritium? I found that totally out of chem!!!

Reaction score
Okay for the delta T one is is for sure 1/5 for sureeeeeee ! what did you guys write for the color of the crystals and the next question about another ion in the formula ?

Reaction score
how can it be 1/5??
Okay see do you know how to calculate the enthalpy change using the experemental data values ?
Enthalpy change = energy transferred/no. of moles
The no. of moles was five times of the previous moles that were used there fore : Delta T x massx SHC / 5
which simplifies to 1/5 x delta T
Understood ?
Anyone has the idea of the grade boundaries , this was my first time giving an edexcel paper so I am not sure of the whole grade boundary procedure ! thanks :D
Btw how was your paper ?

Reaction score
It was REALLY different. What did you guys write for that electron affinity question down group 7
increases cuz there is more shielding and more repulsion. Also the force of attraction from the nucleus is less so more energy is needed to add the electron. Thats what i think as i did not know we had affinity x.x

Reaction score
i dont thin
Okay see do you know how to calculate the enthalpy change using the experemental data values ?
Enthalpy change = energy transferred/no. of moles
The no. of moles was five times of the previous moles that were used there fore : Delta T x massx SHC / 5
which simplifies to 1/5 x delta T
Understood ?
Anyone has the idea of the grade boundaries , this was my first time giving an edexcel paper so I am not sure of the whole grade boundary procedure ! thanks :D
Btw how was your paper ?
i dont think thats right. There are more moles so there is a bigger reaction producing more energy right?

Reaction score
See you need to use calculation for getting the right answer , okay tell me your method then ? did you used calculation or just assume ?

Reaction score
the enthalpy change is indirectly propotional no the no. of moles , so more means less enthalpy change and thus less energy produced . Are you understanding my concept?

Reaction score
but more moles means a greater rise in temperature
more volume= greater rise
more volume less moles= less rise????