• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OMG CHEMISTRY UNIT 1 PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Okay see do you know how to calculate the enthalpy change using the experemental data values ?
Enthalpy change = energy transferred/no. of moles
The no. of moles was five times of the previous moles that were used there fore : Delta T x massx SHC / 5
which simplifies to 1/5 x delta T
Understood ?
Anyone has the idea of the grade boundaries , this was my first time giving an edexcel paper so I am not sure of the whole grade boundary procedure ! thanks :D
Btw how was your paper ?
I know its no point to argue now with the answer..but I cant stop myself :p
moles=concentration x volume...since concentration is same so moles directly proportional to volume.since volume increased 5 times so mole will increase 5times.
enthalpy change=(SHC x mass x Delta T)/no.of moles...if u rearrange this eqn..No.of moles=(SHC x MASS x Delta T)/enthalpy change so moles proportional to Delta T.Since moles increased 5times so it will be 5 Delta T!!

Reaction score
i guess you guys are too confused with the answer for the delta T..well this is my gay theory :p
first they used 25 cm..and it was delta T..but then they used 50 cm..the solution is more dilute now..it was more concentrated before..so i think either the answer is 1/5T (which i marked first) or just delta T..(which i marked as the final answer)

Reaction score
LOL..THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY!
i wrote decreases down the group cause the atomic number increases..more shielding..so there is less force of attraction between the new electron and the nucleus..
what was the element with the highest ionization energy?

pretty much like Ionization stuff xD

Reaction score
maybe it is..cz i think free radical substitution is the answer..according to the text book. :p

Free radical substitution ? I doubt that cus it asked for step 1 : I wrote xD-- free radical Homolytic fission

Well I don't know which is right or wrong xD

Reaction score
I know its no point to argue now with the answer..but I cant stop myself :p
moles=concentration x volume...since concentration is same so moles directly proportional to volume.since volume increased 5 times so mole will increase 5times.
enthalpy change=(SHC x mass x Delta T)/no.of moles...if u rearrange this eqn..No.of moles=(SHC x MASS x Delta T)/enthalpy change so moles proportional to Delta T.Since moles increased 5times so it will be 5 Delta T!!

exactly what i did . I agree with this

Reaction score
I wrote since 1 mole of the Al compound was reacted with 2 moles of acid to form 1 mole of the product..since there is and extra mole of acid left to use, we can show that the acid was added in excess..it makes sense..dunno if its correct though. :p

I wrote something similar to this ; In the first equation Al was(solid) but it disappeared xD--so my first suggestion was --Solid disappears xD
Also from the first equation H2 was gas , so gas is produced ...so I wrote ----no gas is formed xD-----kinda make sense tho xD

Reaction score
Hahaha i swear i had a feeling that Edexcel's gna change the trend of asking Qs -.-" u knw, diff styles
i need to meet this examiner x_x"

I need to tell him thank you for ruining our-lives xD

Reaction score
Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys o_O one Q.. what in the name of God was the next element wen Nitrogen and some kinda "e" thingy broke down, u knw the question bout Hydrogen isotopes? :p
hhahaha i wrote CARBON :3

Reaction score
Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys o_O one Q.. what in the name of God was the next element wen Nitrogen and some kinda "e" thingy broke down, u knw the question bout Hydrogen isotopes? :p
hhahaha i wrote CARBON :3

yeah you are right C -12 with 6 protons.