• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OMG CHEMISTRY UNIT 1 PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I wrote that too that smaller fractions are more useful than heavier ones . I read in the text book right now that alkenes are obtained from the cracking of alkanes so that could have been one of the answers but I didnt write in the exam :p The second point I wrote was to obtain hydrogen :p
Lol Even i wrote that smaller chains are more useful...but then i wrote that they are more easy to recycle :/

Reaction score
Lol Even i wrote that smaller chains are more useful...but then i wrote that they are more easy to recycle :/

That's correct : well I wrote cracking produce : Alkene which are used for making polymers and 2) cracking produce alkane used as feed stock for *reforming (which is wrong i guess) and making petrol (this is right) ---so my last answer is neither right nor wrong

Reaction score
i said they are cracked into smaller hydrocarbons because large ones are really volatile..and less flammable so they are less usefull

Reaction score
[Merwan95 said]
They didnt tell us to draw lithium iodide... :/ The told us to draw the lithium ion and the iodine ion... :/​
Pretty sure they said to draw lithium iodide but showing full electron shell of lithium and only the valncy shell in iodide :s

Reaction score
[Merwan95 said]
They didnt tell us to draw lithium iodide... :/ The told us to draw the lithium ion and the iodine ion... :/​
Pretty sure they said to draw lithium iodide but showing full electron shell of lithium and only the valncy shell in iodide :s

that's what i thought but i failed xD i drew covalent bond for them xD--stupid me