• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies and Islamiat.

Reaction score
Hey people! How are you all?
I will be appearing for Pakistan Studies and Islamiat this year and I have a lot of questions in my mind.
Below I am writing the names of some books from which I study. Are they enough? Or do I need to buy other books?
For history:
1)Nigel Kelly.
2)Nigel Smith.
3)Bajwa.
For Geography:
1)Huma Naz Sethi
2)Fazle Karim Khan
For Islamiat:
1)Farkhanda Noor Muhammad
2)Dr. Iftikhar-ul-Haq and Maulvi Jahangir Mahmud
Do I need to buy Ayesha Tariq or any other book?
And I use Redspot past papers.

Reaction score
To me that is far more than enough.. I think you should stick to just one or two books in each though since you might get confused if you study from many of them. Also just a heads up that many of Redspots' answers are known to be wrong (by that, I mean they don't provide quality answers) so don't fully follow them, refer to the marking schemes instead.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
U must have David R. Thomas's Book for Islamiyat.
The rest are ample for getting an A/A*.

Reaction score
@ Silent Hunter, what was your grade?

@ Leosco 1996, Hmm Yeah even I don't like Redspot past papers.

@ Nibz, Never heard of this book. =s

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It is Cambridge Endorsed book for Islamiyat O-level!

Reaction score
All right I'll see if I should buy it or not. What about Ayesha Tariq and stuff? Alot of people refer to it. =s

Reaction score
Download papers , marking schemes + examiners report which is given after every paper ........ contains examiners views about the paper the students did...................general mistakes,tips etc etc.

Reaction score
For pakstudies HISTORY ur own practice answers are the best otherwise go for nigel kelly FOR ISLAMIAT no fix book for eg quotations are best written in FARKHANDA NOOR's book Otherwise Cambridge's top rated book is David Thomas revised edition of islamiat for olevels......Though it also cant be said to be best still it has some things missing in it.....Ghulam shabir is good also.........NOW for geography huma naz sethi......FOR ALL 2 SUBJECTS MARK SCHEMES AND EXAMINER REPORTS ARE KEY TO GOOD GRADEs :)

Reaction score
@MaidaMunaf you just have to Work hard and believe in your-self ! start your preparation now and devote your self to studies until CIE exams ! As simple as that :p

Reaction score
woah woah !
Islamiyat: Farkhanda Noor Muhammad and its old version that includes Jihad and rights of women+ economy
Geography: Farkhanda Noor Muhammad : It is complete and final, nothing else needed
History: Nigel Kelly and if u are such a book worm Nigel Smith
The End
if u read too much u will get neither of it and get mixed up in the muddle
These books are excellent and full for the syllabus
Thats how i got my three A*'s