• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat related questions :)

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm taking my islamic studies and Pak studies IGCSEs in October. Since the exams are really close I was hoping for some help!
What are the topic that I should focus more in in these two subjects?
And
What should I do while revising?
I'm working for an A* or distinction (InshaAllah) so please give me some guidance as for what to do.
Other tips would be great too!!

Reaction score
Hey.every topic is important but in his do sec 3 and languages at priority and sec 1 and sec 2 should also be done with interest for an A*.i gave my pak std paper in june and thr were unusual q's from sec 2 so i had to attempt q from sec 3.in geo just do past papers and read the book.in isl do sources of islamic law ,1st isl com, caliphs at priority and do pp.this june thr were unusual q's from sources in both the papers(the orignal and the retake)
hope i helped

source:i scored A* and an A

Reaction score
Hey.every topic is important but in his do sec 3 and languages at priority and sec 1 and sec 2 should also be done with interest for an A*.i gave my pak std paper in june and thr were unusual q's from sec 2 so i had to attempt q from sec 3.in geo just do past papers and read the book.in isl do sources of islamic law ,1st isl com, caliphs at priority and do pp.this june thr were unusual q's from sources in both the papers(the orignal and the retake)
hope i helped

Congrats on your high grades! Were the original papers harder, or the retakes? Thanks so much for the info it's really useful. Which books did you study from and how long did you study? Btw by '1st isl com' do u mean 1st Islamic community?? Idg what you mean by com.

Reaction score
Thanks and no problem for helping others its always good...isl was of same difficulty but his was tougher but allhumdulillah i scored an A*.for his nigel kelly geo huma naz and for isl yasmin malik and farkhanda noor.these books are the best.i studied for 10-12 hours a day with 30 min breaks but i suggest study your own way.and finaly yes by 1st isl com i meant 1st islamic community.hope i helped and provided u guidance for an A*.
Thanks

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Really.
Inshallah I'll get A*s. please pray for me :) btw do you know where I can find guess papers?

Reaction score
hope i helped

Well thats how opinions can differ :D...Dude questions from section 2 in both papers were a piece of cake for me alhamdulillah.I left section 3 and focused completely on sec 1 & 2.

Source: I scored A*s in both

Reaction score
Well thats how opinions can differ :D...Dude questions from section 2 in both papers were a piece of cake for me alhamdulillah.I left section 3 and focused completely on sec 1 & 2.

Source: I scored A*s in both
Lol okay that's what most people do but I'm also studying sec 3 :) just to be completely sure haha.

Reaction score

Hey dude u are of gce or igcse?thr is a lot of debate about sec 3 but i saw a letter from cie that 3 questions from sec 3 can come any time so if u leave it u just screwed your wish of a good grade...i totally respect your opinion but to be on a safe side sec 3 must be done..cie due to this reason changed the pattern from 2015 as they know how clever pakis are and made one question cumpulsory which could come from any section...:-D
so at the end of the day choice is yours!!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I saw the distinction list of past years, they never award distinctions for Oct-Nov candidates, except for the Statistics ones.
They award distinctions to those who achieve high marks in Statistics, only.
No distinctions for other subjects.

https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/query-about-world-rankings.28949/#post-650142

it is because statistics is only available in nov. and I think it is because, most students give exams in m/j session, I am not sure though.