• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Sigh. I asked a question and it disappeared into thin air. I think we are getting Khalifat movement this year. The four mark questions are usually not even given in Nigel Kelly.
Who was Titu Mir was nowhere in Nigel Kelly. Do I have to read like extra books? :/
Hey man. Read Nigel Smith. All the 4 marks questions have been given in it. Even that titu mir wala question has been explained there. That book has given alot of 4 marks questions I never knew about.

Reaction score
Hello. I hope yo all are preparing well for your exams.
I have some questions about whom I was not able to write an answer. Can anyine here answer these:

Why did British take control of India in the 19th Century? [7]
Why were the British able to replace the Mughals? [7]

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
q1) indian trade v prfitable
dutch were dominant in Indonesia
india proved to be gud base for protecting interests in far east

q2) mention mughal weakness
india was too divided to put up resistence
stronger army
indians were not loya to each oter(mir jafar)
brirish were skilled diplomats(warren hastings signed a treaty with marathas to gain influence in other areas)

Thank you but imo don't we have to focus of 19th century and not the events before it?

Reaction score
Why did lucknow pact cam about?? can any1 plx answer dis? there seem to be so many reasons yet still there is only one.(thts wht i feel) pls give me an answer which will get me 7/7

1. The British were in a war and both the Congress and Muslim League thought it as the best time to pressurize British for gaining concessions.
2. Morley Minto reforms had been unsuccessful and both parties wanted to show their demands instead.
3. Jinnah had always wanted Congress and Muslim League Unity and with the change of Muslim league's objectives from loyalty to British to self government brought the parties closer. They thought they could work toward self government together

Reaction score
Can someone tell the difference b/w afforestation and re-afforestation ?
Dude not confirm about it, it think it would be:
afforestation is used for planting trees and re-afforestation is used for again planting trees. lol :D
plz correct me if wrong!

Reaction score
Dude not confirm about it, it think it would be:
afforestation is used for planting trees and re-afforestation is used for again planting trees. lol :D
plz correct me if wrong!
I think it isnt correct...
It is mentioned in Huma Naz Sethi's Book..Chapter 4 :- Forests..Q's..
Also in 1988 past papers..dont have them..lol.. :)