• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey can anyone answer this question.. Its from David Thomas and I have a feeling it might come!!

(b) explain the importance of the Karbala in Shia beliefs

Reaction score
Hey can anyone answer this question.. Its from David Thomas and I have a feeling it might come!!

(b) explain the importance of the Karbala in Shia beliefs
Imam Hussain has great impotance for shia as he's condsidered the third imam.
at karbala, he was martyred very brutally. it was unfair..umm....add details.. (n)

Reaction score
can someone explain what happened in the cabinet mission plan?
idea of any partition or independence was rejected
india was to be divided in three parts : hindu majority, muslim majority and bengal and assam.
interim government was set up.
congress said that they would not abide by this once british left india. muslims also greatly opposed it.
i hope this helps. :)

Reaction score
Its SERIOUS
guys, i've been going through the examiner reports. they emphasize on the terms DESCRIBE and EXPLAIN.. its getting me hell confused..
I anyone could help..

Reaction score
idea of any partition or independence was rejected
india was to be divided in three parts : hindu majority, muslim majority and bengal and assam.
interim government was set up.
congress said that they would not abide by this once british left india. muslims also greatly opposed it.
i hope this helps. :)

thanks this does help :) and i also want to know why they came to india

Reaction score
thanks this does help :) and i also want to know why they came to india
its simple, they came to india to reach an agreement between differnt parties about how india shud be governed, because british withdrawal from india was inevitable. failure of the simla conference can also be a reason, ++ the lack of agreement.
League wanted independence whereas congress wnated the transfer of powers. it was against the partition of the 'mother India'
;)

Reaction score
its simple, they came to india to reach an agreement between differnt parties about how india shud be governed, because british withdrawal from india was inevitable. failure of the simla conference can also be a reason, ++ the lack of agreement.
League wanted independence whereas congress wnated the transfer of powers. it was against the partition of the 'mother India'
;)

Thank you :)

Reaction score
Its SERIOUS
guys, i've been going through the examiner reports. they emphasize on the terms DESCRIBE and EXPLAIN.. its getting me hell confused..
I anyone could help..
Explain or Account for: You have to give reasons for your answer.

Describe: This means you should write the story giving factual details about a topic. Can
sometimes be used with other command words, e.g. “Briefly describe…” [give some/the main
factual details about the topic]

Reaction score
alright im tellin u the ans, buhh plx do tell me frm where did u get tht question?
geneva accord was an accord signed by afghanistan and pakistan about the future of afghan refugees in pakistan and the future policy of afghanistan. it was sighned by both afghanistan and pakistan and was monitered bi both us and russia
two of the guess papers have it!

Reaction score
what were the efforts of sir syed ahmed khan for the revival of islam?? theres a question on the efforts for reviving islam during 17-19 century. 17 and 18 inckude shah walli ullah, syed ahmed shaheed and haji shariat ullah. while 19th century includes SSA. So wht were his services for the revival of islam??
sir syed ahmed is not to be included with hsu swu and sasb in ans!