• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Why was Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal an important influence on the struggle for a separate
homeland for Pakistan? [7] complete answer plz !! dis is da only topic left from sec.2 of mine :)

Reaction score
y was muslim league formed? [7 marks]
muslim league was formed because hindus ad their own party. do you agree or not? give reasons to explain your answer [14 marks]

plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx help me with these questions. no matter how much i try i cant do this. ive wasted days on this! plz help me!!!!!
simple buddy, guess the points u have to include, ill tell u if they are correct

Reaction score
I need some help on Regional Languages :(
Q How successful has been the promotion of the following regional languages in Pakistan between
1947 and 1988:
(i) Punjabi;
(ii) Pushto;
(iii) Sindhi?
Explain your answer with reference to all three of the languages. [14]

Reaction score
y was muslim league formed? [7 marks]
muslim league was formed because hindus ad their own party. do you agree or not? give reasons to explain your answer [14 marks]

plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx help me with these questions. no matter how much i try i cant do this. ive wasted days on this! plz help me!!!!!
This is really easy.
u just have to explain the reasons for the formation of the Muslim League.
As Ghazi Tahir said just guess the points that u have to include :p :)
I hope u got it.
If not just try, we will correct it if u get the wrong one!

Reaction score
This is really easy.
u just have to explain the reasons for the formation of the Muslim League.
As Ghazi Tahir said just guess the points that u have to include :p :)
I hope u got it.
If not just try, we will correct it if u get the wrong one!
level 1 : All of the regional languages have been neglected before independence but had many developments after partition, including Punjabi.

level 2: ( i am doubtful of whether what the examiners have written in this is correct or not )

level 3/4 : Punjabi was neglected before independence but the government has taken several steps to ensure its continuity and extended its support to the instutions where punjabi is used as a medium, at present, punjabi literature is taught upto m.a level in pakistan. many radio channels broadcast in punjabi, shows and films are also being produced in punjabi, giving a great boost to this language, local theatres are also very popular, The Holy Quran has also been translated into punjabi. ( more developments? )

Many steps have been taken in order to promote and develop sindhi, sindh litrery board setup in 1948 and has published/printed many books and magazines in sindhi, the extensive Sindhi literature has received alot of boost due to shah qadir bux and fakir nabi bux, " Bazm-e-Talib-ul-Maula" also setup in 1954 to promote sindhi, dr Ali Akbar darzi established Sarmast academy for publishing many sindhi books, sindhi folk literature also developed and sindhiology department also set up in sindh university at jamshoro.

Pushto has also been promoted and developed, peshawar university established three years after independence , pashto academy set up in 1954 and has prepared pushto dictionary, pushto literature taught at university level in KPK, pashto news papers, magazines, songs, movies and tv shannels have also been introduced, ( i think we need more matter here )

Balochi was at the verge of decline before independence but the government has made several efforts to protect and preserve this language and its legacy, it got a boost when radio pakistan, karachi began broadcasting in balochi. balochi literary association also set up which published many articles and magazines such as weekly " NAN-KESSAN " and monthly "OLASSIS", and Balochi short poems "Dastangs" have also become very popular, in addition quetta tv station has also been established to broadcast tv shows in balochi, many famous poets have also contributed in the promotion of balochi, some of them are Atta Shah and Gul Khan Naseer, another famous poet is Ishaq Shamim who wrote "Dulhan"

level5 : In my opinion all the languages have been promoted but i agree with the examiner / or disagree, that punjabi/sindhi have been developed and promoted the most

Reaction score
note: punjabi is the most developed yet still u cant xplain how. mainly coz it was already developd b4 partition. breakdown is follows:
sindhi: sindh literary board: publishes magazine and books
bazme talib ul maula: to promote sindhi literature
sarmast academy in the memory of sachal sarmast( a famous sindhi poet)
sindhiology department is established at sindh university jamsoro

balochi: radio pakistan karachi broadcasts in balochi
quetta television broadcasts in balohi
balochi literary board established to publish
numeber of books on balochi have been written
jam darang atta shad and ishaq shamim are imp poets

pushto: within 3 years of partition peshawar university established
a dictionary of pushto was published
classes in pushto literatur were established at pesh university
academy for promotioin of pushti literature was set up

punjabi: many books on different subjects including the Holy Quran are translated into punjabi. classes uptil ma level in punjabi literature are astablishd at punjab university

remember to xplain the history and important poets of every language. Iv just mentiond wht hapnd after partition
we only have to write answer of after partition as asked in the que, so i dnt think we r supposed to write history, right?

Reaction score
According to d revision checklist:
The major themes of the Qur’an as contained both in the passages set for special study and in other similar passages:
• Write about major teachings in the passages you have to study in the syllabus, e.g. how does the Qur’an talk about God’s messengers?
• Discuss important features of these passages e.g. the Qur’an’s reflection on nature
• Understand the message of the Qur’an through these passages
So tafsir IS in d syllabus

Well my Islamiat teacher said its not coming. :/

Reaction score
According to d revision checklist:
The major themes of the Qur’an as contained both in the passages set for special study and in other similar passages:
• Write about major teachings in the passages you have to study in the syllabus, e.g. how does the Qur’an talk about God’s messengers?
• Discuss important features of these passages e.g. the Qur’an’s reflection on nature
• Understand the message of the Qur’an through these passages
So tafsir IS in d syllabus
How is • Discuss important features of these passages e.g. the Qur’an’s reflection on nature related with Tafsir ???

Reaction score
How is • Discuss important features of these passages e.g. the Qur’an’s reflection on nature related with Tafsir ???

this means Allah's relation with the created, how can it be related to tafsir?

Reaction score

this means Allah's relation with the created, how can it be related to tafsir?
thats what i thought in the first place .. until kamihus convinced me :/