• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone please rate this one.:)

Why Urdu was chosen as the national language in Pakistan?

Urdu became the National Language of Pakistan was because of its long history. Urdu, in its early stages; was widely used and understood by Muslim armies; in many parts of subcontinent. So it was very natural to choose such well known and established language.

Another reason; the high status of Urdu. Some of the finest early poets; such as Amir Khusraou, wrote in Urdu. The school of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan I Aligarh became the center of Urdu study. Many religious books; including Quran; were translated into Urdu; making it an important language for Muslims.

Perhaps the major reason was the fact: Urdu was so closely associated with Pakistan Movement. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and Muslim League were keen not only to defend Muslim interests, but to promote Urdu as well. The Quid-e-Azam saw Urdu as a unifying force and since Pakistan was a new country it was very appropriate to choose a language that had played a role in unifying Muslims.

Reaction score
The Lucknow Pact of 1916 was the only beacon of hope for Hindu-Muslim unity between 1914
and 1930.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]
people, i wanted to know if in the above question, we right all the unifying factors first and the dividing factors next
OR
we begin chronologically and write them in the order tht they come?
-thanks

Reaction score
^^ Go chronologically.
BTW you can see at first there are unifying factors and after that there are all dividing factors b/w the two communities

Reaction score
Need help with languages.. The promotion part
Can you rate this?
Why Urdu was chosen as the national language in Pakistan?

Urdu became the National Language of Pakistan was because of its long history. Urdu, in its early stages; was widely used and understood by Muslim armies; in many parts of subcontinent. So it was very natural to choose such well known and established language.

Another reason; the high status of Urdu. Some of the finest early poets; such as Amir Khusraou, wrote in Urdu. The school of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan I Aligarh became the center of Urdu study. Many religious books; including Quran; were translated into Urdu; making it an important language for Muslims.

Perhaps the major reason was the fact: Urdu was so closely associated with Pakistan Movement. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and Muslim League were keen not only to defend Muslim interests, but to promote Urdu as well. The Quid-e-Azam saw Urdu as a unifying force and since Pakistan was a new country it was very appropriate to choose a language that had played a role in unifying Muslims.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me answer the following questions:

1. How successful was Indian resistance to British attempts to take control of lands in the sub-continent between 1750 and 1850? (14)
2. Why was there so much opposition to the Govt. of India Act of 1935? (7)

Reaction score
can someone please give me the notes to 'the environment of pakistan' ( huma naz sethi) and 'history and culture of pakistan' (nigel kelly) please!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey in this question:
How far was Aurangzeb respomsible for the decline of the Mughal Empire? (14)
do we write about the ways in which he was both responsible and not responsible OR
do we write about the decline of the Mughal empire including the part played by him i.e his respnsibility and other causes.
u ll write about his faliours and achievements , at the end mention even after his death empire continued for 150 years

Reaction score
What was dyarchy?(4)
Please proper 4 marks ans would b appreciated n reply asap
. introduced in montford reforms of 1919
. subjects divided into 2 parts , reserved and traansfered
. reserved subjects were police, press, foreign relation , finance and power resources
. transferred subjects were education, health , forests , locL GOV and public works
. reserved subjects under executive council and transferred subjects under provincial ministers
. removed on provincial level in gov. of india act of 1935 and introduced at central level

Reaction score
The Lucknow Pact of 1916 was the only beacon of hope for Hindu-Muslim unity between 1914
and 1930.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]
people, i wanted to know if in the above question, we right all the unifying factors first and the dividing factors next
OR
we begin chronologically and write them in the order tht they come?
-thanks
u have to write chronologically

Reaction score
why did jinnah form his 14 points (7/7)
how successful were pakistans relation with muslim countries (14/14)
does nam come in this sylabus>?
how sucesful has govr. of pk been in applying d objectives resolution?
plz ans these

Reaction score
why did jinnah form his 14 points (7/7)
how successful were pakistans relation with muslim countries (14/14)
does nam come in this sylabus>?
how sucesful has govr. of pk been in applying d objectives resolution?
plz ans these

Jinnah gave his fourteen points because:
1. As a reply to Simon commission.
2. As a reply to Nehru Report.
3. To protect the Muslim rights.

Relations with India, USA and Afghanistan are important for now.
And the objective resolution question doesn't even exist I suppose.

Reaction score
Jinnah gave his fourteen points because:
1. As a reply to Simon commission.
2. As a reply to Nehru Report.
3. To protect the Muslim rights.

Relations with India, USA and Afghanistan are important for now.
And the objective resolution question doesn't even exist I suppose.
i saw a question in past papers oh how has the implementation of objectives resolution has been throughout 1947 to 1988?:eek:

Reaction score
Firstly, you only focus upon pastpapers from the last 10 years.
And here are some guess papers that I had.

guess paper pk 1 AA.jpg

guess paper pk 1 AA.jpg

JA P1.jpg

Attachments

• guess paper pk 2.jpg
    guess paper pk 2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 32