• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
things can be weird dis tym i believe dat d pprz will be very hard but some say dat d marking will be lenient.........
howz ur prep?
umm actually I think it wud b the opposite... papers r going to b easy because I don't think they wud enrage the already resentful candidates n checking wud b leninet too (Insha'Allah, just hoping)
my prepration is gud Alhamdullilah :) just gotta revise the things
wbu?

Reaction score
umm actually I think it wud b the opposite... papers r going to b easy because I don't think they wud enrage the already resentful candidates n checking wud b leninet too (Insha'Allah, just hoping)
wbu?
hopefully the GT will be low cuz many students are disheartened or protesting and thus wouldn't be able to focus properly.Hence their bad performance would benefit us *villainous laugh* : P

Reaction score
btw on how much as or a*s does a gud scholarship cum for ......in gud colleges in pakistan such as lgs
wbu?

Reaction score
things can be weird dis tym i believe dat d pprz will be very hard but some say dat d marking will be lenient.........
howz ur prep?
You cant even say about the marking either, just prepare for yourself, try and do as good as you did before, and then pray.
And about the paper, i believe that its already made. CIE is a huge organization, surely it cant take papers without a proper backup plan. Im sure that backup plan is intact now. And going to be alike that paper we gave in difficulty..

Reaction score
You cant even say about the marking either, just prepare for yourself, try and do as good as you did before, and then pray.
And about the paper, i believe that its already made. CIE is a huge organization, surely it cant take papers without a proper backup plan. Im sure that backup plan is intact now. And going to be alike that paper we gave in difficulty..
To support my post above, i found this. Read this and you might feel better.
http://www.britishcouncil.org/message-from-ceo-cie.pdf

Reaction score
Well my islamiyat teacher told me that the new variant of paper could be of three types
  1. Completely new
  2. The same as the previous one cuz candidates might leave those topics thinking that the paper may not repeat
  3. Lastly, it might have qs. from previous paper

Reaction score
Well my islamiyat teacher told me that the new variant of paper could be of three types
  1. Completely new
  2. The same as the previous one cuz candidates might leave those topics thinking that the paper may not repeat
  3. Lastly, it might have qs. from previous paper

And i am just wondering what to do, whether to prepare the previous questions aswell or skip them. I dont really think that any question from our "leaked" paper can come again..

Reaction score
And i am just wondering what to do, whether to prepare the previous questions aswell or skip them. I dont really think that any question from our "leaked" paper can come again..

yeah you're right the leaked paper can't come again.... but anyways prepare all the stuff so u r able to counter any difficult qs.
BTW, how much is your prep done???

Reaction score
Not the most perfect, neither the way it was for my first CIEs :p
But yeah, confident enough with it :p
Not easy forcing a relaxed mind to suddenly study again :/

Reaction score
can someone mark this please?

Q:b) why was urdu chosen as the national language of pakistan? /7
ans: Urdu has a long history. it was widely used in the mughal era but dates back as far as the sultans of dehli. it is beleived to have originated in Northern india when punjabi, pushto and turkish interacted with the local dialects of dehli and the surrounding areas. we also know that by the end of the 13th century, the muslim armies were useing a common language to make it easier for people from foreign parts to understand each other, this language went through further development to form what we know call urdu. thus, it was inevitable that a language with such a long history was to be chosen as the national language of pakistan.
Urdu has a rich literary background. poetry has been significantly prevelant in the language for centuries. for example, emperor muhammed shah and bahadur shah zafur took an interest in promoting it, the latter being a great poet himself. famous peots of the time include Mir, Sauda and Ghalib. the alighar muslim university set up by the great Sir Syed Ahmad Khan became a centre of study of urdu, and produced many talented writers such as Jazbi and Majaz. In the early 20th century, Dr Allama Iqbal took an interset in promoting the Urdu language and produced many literary masterpeices. thus, it was only sensible that a language with such a great literary background was chosen as the language of pakistan.
the link between urdu and the islamic religion is also importatn. this bond was tightened when Shah abdul Qadir translated the quran into urdu. many religios books have also been written in the urdu language, thus uniting the muslims. Mr jinnah saw the connection with the muslims and urdu and chose this language as the national language of pakistan in order to unit the muslim people into one pakistani community..

please give me a NUMBER mark out of 7 :)
thanks in advance! xxx
the spelling/punctuation mistakes won't be there! :p