• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The forum seems eerily quite and after the retake,surprisingly,no guesses have surfaced except the history one....

Reaction score
yeah i have seen it and i know he is an examiner... i just feel that his questions lack in facts...
Have you even seen Nigel Kelly's answer on this particular question ? It's the perfect example of level marking. Just so you know, he himself an examiner so he would know what to write.

Reaction score
Can someone mark this please?? thanks in advance :) a NUMBER mark please! :D

Q:b) Why did the Lucknow Pact come about? /7
ans: the lucknow pact came about as jinnah was a strong beleiver of Muslim-hindu unity. at the time, jinnah was against any partition of india and beleived that in order to gain a high rank in society, both the hindus and muslims had to work together. he saw the lucknow pact of 1916 as a way to put this practice into action. thus, it was partly due to the pursuasion of jinnah that the lucknow pact came about.
congress thought that joint demands could not be reufsed. once the british had reversed the partition of bengal, the muslims had become enraged and added self rule to their list of demands. this change in the leagues ideas, drew the two parties together as they now stood side by side in demanding for such ideas. the congress also realised that the british would find it difficult to turn down their demand for seld rule if the league was also with them. thus, the lucknow pact came about as the league added self rule to their list of demands to be met by the british.
the league needed protection. the muslims had at first tried to gain the trust of the british, however, once the british reversed the partition of bengal, their relationship with the muslims was also reversed. the muslims realised that they could no longer trust the british to see their veiws as important and added self rule to their list of demands. however, they needed firm assurance that the hindus would protect by giving them provincial autonomy and seperate electorates. this was agreed on in the lucknow pact and thus the lucknow pact came about so that the league could gain protection.

Reaction score
geography:
which rains cuz thunderstorms?
which types of irrigation method are used for small farms?
how do sub tropical forest giv watershed protection?
plz ans if u can... thx

Reaction score
Can someone mark this please?? thanks in advance :) a NUMBER mark please! :D
Q:b) Why did the Lucknow Pact come about? /7
ans: the lucknow pact came about as jinnah was a strong beleiver of Muslim-hindu unity. at the time, jinnah was against any partition of india and beleived that in order to gain a high rank in society, both the hindus and muslims had to work together. he saw the lucknow pact of 1916 as a way to put this practice into action. thus, it was partly due to the pursuasion of jinnah that the lucknow pact came about.
congress thought that joint demands could not be reufsed. once the british had reversed the partition of bengal, the muslims had become enraged and added self rule to their list of demands. this change in the leagues ideas, drew the two parties together as they now stood side by side in demanding for such ideas. the congress also realised that the british would find it difficult to turn down their demand for seld rule if the league was also with them. thus, the lucknow pact came about as the league added self rule to their list of demands to be met by the british.
the league needed protection. the muslims had at first tried to gain the trust of the british, however, once the british reversed the partition of bengal, their relationship with the muslims was also reversed. the muslims realised that they could no longer trust the british to see their veiws as important and added self rule to their list of demands. however, they needed firm assurance that the hindus would protect by giving them provincial autonomy and seperate electorates. this was agreed on in the lucknow pact and thus the lucknow pact came about so that the league could gain protection.

I dont usually know how to check the Questions.
The points i remember for this Question are as follow.
1. Shifting policy of the Muslim League.
2. Persuasion of Jinnah, being a member of both, Congress and ML.
3. British failed to fulfill Indian expectations, mainly in the 1909 reforms. Making the Hindus and Muslims develop more of a nationalism in themselves rather than being loyal to the british.

Reaction score
geography:
which rains cuz thunderstorms?
which types of irrigation method are used for small farms?
how do sub tropical forest giv watershed protection?
plz ans if u can... thx

answers
1 convectional currents
2 lift irrigation any of the conventional systems and some get it from the sub canals taken out from the main irrigation system
3 shade and shelter

Reaction score
CAN I GET THE FULL ANSWER OF THIS QUESTION IT IS OF 14 MARKS :

Q. ‘The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own political party.’ Do you agree or disagree? [14]

Reaction score
CAN I GET THE FULL ANSWER OF THIS QUESTION IT IS OF 14 MARKS :

Q. ‘The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own political party.’ Do you agree or disagree? [14]

well these are just the points you can elaborate them
  • hindi official language in UP - urdu defence ascociation protested - position partially restored
  • aligarh educated muslims bent on securing an honourable place for the Ms. in the sub. cont.
  • nawab vaqar ul mulk
  • congress majority rule; Ms. 1:4- when british leave the numerically greater would rule jeopardising muslim rights
  • Ms. did not see eye to eye with the congress demands- partition of bengal
  • rise in the extremist views of the congress -by its policy and activity proved to be a hindu organisation having anti Ms. outlook
  • sir pheroze shah mehta refused to recognise the Ms as a separate group
p.s. if you haven't already figured Ms stands for muslim(s)

Reaction score
guys... just tell me points for day of delivernce The declaration of the Day of Deliverance in 1939 was Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s greatest
achievement in the years 1929 to 1947.??:D

Reaction score
I dont usually know how to check the Questions.
The points i remember for this Question are as follow.
1. Shifting policy of the Muslim League.
2. Persuasion of Jinnah, being a member of both, Congress and ML.
3. British failed to fulfill Indian expectations, mainly in the 1909 reforms. Making the Hindus and Muslims develop more of a nationalism in themselves rather than being loyal to the british.
and also because the world war 1 was going on and the british needed indian support.the indians knew it was the right time to express their demands as they would be fulfilled