• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone mark this please?

Q:b) why was urdu chosen as the national language of pakistan? /7
ans: Urdu has a long history. it was widely used in the mughal era but dates back as far as the sultans of dehli. it is beleived to have originated in Northern india when punjabi, pushto and turkish interacted with the local dialects of dehli and the surrounding areas. we also know that by the end of the 13th century, the muslim armies were useing a common language to make it easier for people from foreign parts to understand each other, this language went through further development to form what we know call urdu. thus, it was inevitable that a language with such a long history was to be chosen as the national language of pakistan.
Urdu has a rich literary background. poetry has been significantly prevelant in the language for centuries. for example, emperor muhammed shah and bahadur shah zafur took an interest in promoting it, the latter being a great poet himself. famous peots of the time include Mir, Sauda and Ghalib. the alighar muslim university set up by the great Sir Syed Ahmad Khan became a centre of study of urdu, and produced many talented writers such as Jazbi and Majaz. In the early 20th century, Dr Allama Iqbal took an interset in promoting the Urdu language and produced many literary masterpeices. thus, it was only sensible that a language with such a great literary background was chosen as the language of pakistan.
the link between urdu and the islamic religion is also importatn. this bond was tightened when Shah abdul Qadir translated the quran into urdu. many religios books have also been written in the urdu language, thus uniting the muslims. Mr jinnah saw the connection with the muslims and urdu and chose this language as the national language of pakistan in order to unit the muslim people into one pakistani community..

please give me a NUMBER mark out of 7 :)
thanks in advance! xxx
the spelling/punctuation mistakes won't be there! :p

Reaction score

ans: Urdu has a long history. it was widely used in the mughal era but dates back as far as the sultans of dehli. it is beleived to have originated in Northern india when punjabi, pushto and turkish interacted with the local dialects of dehli and the surrounding areas. we also know that by the end of the 13th century, the muslim armies were useing a common language to make it easier for people from foreign parts to understand each other, this language went through further development to form what we know call urdu. thus, it was inevitable that a language with such a long history was to be chosen as the national language of pakistan.
Urdu has a rich literary background. poetry has been significantly prevelant in the language for centuries. for example, emperor muhammed shah and bahadur shah zafur took an interest in promoting it, the latter being a great poet himself. famous peots of the time include Mir, Sauda and Ghalib. the alighar muslim university set up by the great Sir Syed Ahmad Khan became a centre of study of urdu, and produced many talented writers such as Jazbi and Majaz. In the early 20th century, Dr Allama Iqbal took an interset in promoting the Urdu language and produced many literary masterpeices. thus, it was only sensible that a language with such a great literary background was chosen as the language of pakistan.
the link between urdu and the islamic religion is also importatn. this bond was tightened when Shah abdul Qadir translated the quran into urdu. many religios books have also been written in the urdu language, thus uniting the muslims. Mr jinnah saw the connection with the muslims and urdu and chose this language as the national language of pakistan in order to unit the muslim people into one pakistani community..

thanks in advance! xxx

I remember to have written something alike this in my Assessment, and got 7/7 :p
So you might consider it to be a 7/7 answer maybe :)

Reaction score
Well, one of the reasons for the League's creation was:

Fear of Congress which was meant to operate as an official Indian national party but with its demands of making Hindi the official language etc., it became evident it was Hindu dominated. Therefore League was created to protect Muslim interests.

Reaction score
can sum1 tell me
why the muslims asked for communal awards?
why was he muslim league created?

Well, one of the reasons for thr creation of the league is the Hindu-dominant congress (hindu muslim rivalry)
Second reason is the success in the Simla Deputation.
Third may be the reaction of Congress over the Bengal partition. Riots and all, hence the ML was founded to counter the threat of Bengal partition reversal.

Reaction score
can sum1 tell me
why the muslims asked for communal awards?
why was he muslim league created?
they asked for communal awards for the demarcation of the communal boundaries for the upcoming elections
well there r a hell lot or reasons for that:
creation of congress which was a hindu dominated party
language controversary 1867
election of liberal party in britain in 1905 which promised more local representation
to promote feelings of loyalty to the british after the bengal partition
success at simla deputation

Reaction score

thanks in advance! xxx

Your answer is good however for this particular question, you should look at Nigel Kelly's answer. It smaller but more precise. Will get you 7 easily.

Reaction score
and also the answers for>>
why were tehe muslims treated badly after the war?
how were they treated?
war of independance>>

was paroda a success or a failure?

Reaction score
and also the answers for>>
why were tehe muslims treated badly after the war?
how were they treated?
war of independance>>
was paroda a success or a failure?

The muslims were considered as the group who actually begun the war. Hence they were treated disrespectfully, were not given good enough jobs. It was a time when the muslims also pulled back their children from education. Until Sir syed ahmad khan came up and relations began to improve between the muslims and the British.
Though i dont see any other reasons for the Muslims suffering after the war of independence, hence a question cant really be made without proper 3 points for it. Thats my opinion though.

And about proda, i think it was more of a failure as it was used as a weapon by the corrupt high posts officers against those who they did not like. It led to an increase in corruption in the system.

Reaction score
do
does chrobnology matter in relation ques.... can u plz giv me an example.........

I believe that yes. It does matter, though i dint try to break the order in a relations questions, it is most preferrable to be in chronological order, try to be atleast. This was something i was told by my teacher :p

Reaction score
I believe that yes. It does matter, though i dint try to break the order in a relations questions, it is most preferrable to be in chronological order, try to be atleast. This was something i was told by my teacher :p
however i read tht u hav to write in sucess n failures

Reaction score
however i read tht u hav to write in sucess n failures

Yup, we have to do that, successes together, and the failures together.
Take an example of India-pakistan relations, you cant just begin the failures with 1971 war or maybe the kargil war, neither can the successes begin with the simla pact of 1972. They have to begin in an order. And that is chronological order.

Reaction score
Nigel Kellys answers lack in both a justification, simplisitc statement and important facts. :)

Have you even seen Nigel Kelly's answer on this particular question ? It's the perfect example of level marking. Just so you know, he himself an examiner so he would know what to write.

Reaction score
guys i haven't started to revise p.s yet,i also have to give accounts and economics on 11 ND 12 JUNE:( M TENSED