• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It's like i'm the only one taking 2nd language Urdu!! Could anyone help me? So my 2nd language Urdu exam is in may and i'm pretty scared. Could you answer some questions of mine and give me some tips on how to get a good grade in Urdu as well?
Q1. What are the examiners really looking for so as to give you an A*?? Are there like some wild factors they'd like to see in your exam? Please mention.
Q2. What if for the comprehension part...i write exactly the same text as given in the passages? Will my marks be deducted?? Do we have to write in our own words as in is it a MUST??
Please reply asap. May Allah Bless you!

I got an A* in urdu, and i hope i will be able to help.
1)look warrior, and other students who are confused about urdu second language)what examiners are looking for is actually just plain urdu, with no mistakes and ability to understand and write the asked points in comprehension. So id u r in pakistan for five to six years, u will have no difficulty at all. Really it is just a second language urdu paper, so what needs to be done is to basically go for the requirements of the question, and stick to the word count. the most common mistake made by most pupil is to try and learn essays from books, and try to give complicated and long answers for comprehension.

2)no your marks will not be deducted, unless in the question it is wriiten something like: Q: Why did he do this(anything)? ANSWER IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

if u are stuck up and dont know how to prepare, you should once go very carefully through the marking schemes and examiner's report, and u will understand the exact requirement. I did this and got A*, another student who was way better than me in my class got A, only becoz he didnt study ms and er.

if u still have any query, you could pm me or post in this thread.

Reaction score
What Were The reason for the failure of 1937 Election? 7 marks ... Pointers needed

These are three points in ms:
-Elections of 1937 were the first major elections League had fought so had little experince.
-League had a image problem as the lower caste muslims thought that it was the party which represented only educated muslims and many were un-educated.
-Congress contained many muslims as they were thinking that Congress would protect their right but the congress rule of 1937-1939 showed them reality.

This point is not in ms but u could add it as well:
-League did not Campagin Well so the people were unaware of its objectives.

Reaction score
u r welcome, and dont forget to ask questions regularly, it might not only benefit u but also other. i would have asked questions myself but thing is i gave my exam last year so do not remember question so well!

Reaction score
I got an A* in urdu, and i hope i will be able to help.
1)look warrior, and other students who are confused about urdu second language)what examiners are looking for is actually just plain urdu, with no mistakes and ability to understand and write the asked points in comprehension. So id u r in pakistan for five to six years, u will have no difficulty at all. Really it is just a second language urdu paper, so what needs to be done is to basically go for the requirements of the question, and stick to the word count. the most common mistake made by most pupil is to try and learn essays from books, and try to give complicated and long answers for comprehension.

2)no your marks will not be deducted, unless in the question it is wriiten something like: Q: Why did he do this(anything)? ANSWER IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

if u are stuck up and dont know how to prepare, you should once go very carefully through the marking schemes and examiner's report, and u will understand the exact requirement. I did this and got A*, another student who was way better than me in my class got A, only becoz he didnt study ms and er.

if u still have any query, you could pm me or post in this thread.

Asalamu Alaiykum! Thank you very much for the help Ashiqbal! May Allah bless you! Could you please also answer some of my doubts that follow below?
1) For the essay question, how do you come up with a very good essay that is sure to get you full marks? I know that if you write idioms they'll get you marks but what else? What if we don't have enough information on that specific topic?
2) For the second part, the letter, dialogue, etc... I have only prepared for letter and sort of for dialogue but I find speech and report writing really hard...I don't know which ones will come and I am scared. Any suggestions?
3) And lastly Muhawaras?? What if we haven't studied the particular ones that they have given us?
Thank you for taking time to answer my questions! I will read the examiner reports from now on.
Jazakallah!! :) May Allah succeed us all in our exams! Ameen!

Reaction score
Asalamu Alaiykum! Thank you very much for the help Ashiqbal! May Allah bless you! Could you please also answer some of my doubts that follow below?
1) For the essay question, how do you come up with a very good essay that is sure to get you full marks? I know that if you write idioms they'll get you marks but what else? What if we don't have enough information on that specific topic?
2) For the second part, the letter, dialogue, etc... I have only prepared for letter and sort of for dialogue but I find speech and report writing really hard...I don't know which ones will come and I am scared. Any suggestions?
3) And lastly Muhawaras?? What if we haven't studied the particular ones that they have given us?
Thank you for taking time to answer my questions! I will read the examiner reports from now on.
Jazakallah!! :) May Allah succeed us all in our exams! Ameen!

1) for the essay, what i did was a very simple trick: in marking schemes there is written that we have to give two points for the three points given in the question each, a total of six points for six marks.and the other 9 marks are for your language. Even if u dont use idioms but give a perfect essay with no grammatical urdu mistakes( recheck it, there is lots of time!) and give two to three valid point under each of three headings u will lose maximum only 2 to 3 marks and will get a pretty good score! make sure not to exceed the word limit as after 180 words, they cut off your essay and you will miss out marks for headings covered after that point!!!

2) for the second part, what i suggest u should do is that always go for the letter or dialogue, until unfortunately u are forced to choose between report and speech, in which case u should go for report. Never Ever Attempt SPEECH! they look for excellent command over language in speech. for letters you should keep words in limit, and read lots of past paper letters you can find so that you have something perfect to write for that topic. For dialogues, you should learn the presentation ( starting dialogue from next line, using colons after name, expressing emotions in brackets after the speakers name, etc.) and you should present the topic in such a way that your dialogue reaches a decisive ending to an arguement. for report, you should read practice reports to see how they have written, basically you just have to give the facts very precisely.

3) confused about muhawaras? there cannot possibly be new muhawaras. get a book with lots and lots of muhawaras and sentences and learn by heart those with same words such as aankhon walay and baaton walay. practice past papers and u will be surprised how often they are repeated!

Reaction score
1) for the essay, what i did was a very simple trick: in marking schemes there is written that we have to give two points for the three points given in the question each, a total of six points for six marks.and the other 9 marks are for your language. Even if u dont use idioms but give a perfect essay with no grammatical urdu mistakes( recheck it, there is lots of time!) and give two to three valid point under each of three headings u will lose maximum only 2 to 3 marks and will get a pretty good score! make sure not to exceed the word limit as after 180 words, they cut off your essay and you will miss out marks for headings covered after that point!!!

2) for the second part, what i suggest u should do is that always go for the letter or dialogue, until unfortunately u are forced to choose between report and speech, in which case u should go for report. Never Ever Attempt SPEECH! they look for excellent command over language in speech. for letters you should keep words in limit, and read lots of past paper letters you can find so that you have something perfect to write for that topic. For dialogues, you should learn the presentation ( starting dialogue from next line, using colons after name, expressing emotions in brackets after the speakers name, etc.) and you should present the topic in such a way that your dialogue reaches a decisive ending to an arguement. for report, you should read practice reports to see how they have written, basically you just have to give the facts very precisely.

3) confused about muhawaras? there cannot possibly be new muhawaras. get a book with lots and lots of muhawaras and sentences and learn by heart those with same words such as aankhon walay and baaton walay. practice past papers and u will be surprised how often they are repeated!

Thank you for these valuable tips Ashiqbal! :) You've been extremely helpful, I don't know how long it took you to write this (I am sure very long!). I will stick to your advice and I hope that Inshallah I will also get an A* like you Mashallah. Please pray that I do! I will too remember you in my prayers because seriously thank you so very much for your help and May Allah help you in your difficulties. Ameen. :) If I have any further queries about Urdu I am sure to post them to you (that is if you don't mind!) Jazakallah!

Reaction score
Why did the Quit India Movement formed in 1942?

Please give me COMPLETE answer, Thank in advance.

Reaction score
Thank you for these valuable tips Ashiqbal! :) You've been extremely helpful, I don't know how long it took you to write this (I am sure very long!). I will stick to your advice and I hope that Inshallah I will also get an A* like you Mashallah. Please pray that I do! I will too remember you in my prayers because seriously thank you so very much for your help and May Allah help you in your difficulties. Ameen. :) If I have any further queries about Urdu I am sure to post them to you (that is if you don't mind!) Jazakallah!

no ofcourse i wudnt mind and love to help you, as i was the one lost last year and salmanpakrocks and scouserflc helped me understand the concepts( believe me, there posts were many, and they were much longer than mine!) so Feel free to ask! :)

Reaction score
How is the Quran used in legal thinking....????

for this question, what you could write is by starting from explaining 5 to 6 lines about general imp of quran( like last revealed books, will stay safe, contains all commands)

in next paragraph, you could go on to say that the quran is the foundation of islamic law or Shariah, and all the commands in legal thinking in every aspect of life(give some examples)
then give two to three paragraphs more in explaining how it gives commands for three particular laws( give references)
finally conclude with saying that it is the final book which contains every command and it will remain unchanged throughout forever as allah protects it, and all laws can and should be derived from quran.

remember to give qoutes in every paragraph!

Reaction score

actually i cant remember any specific answer so i would like that pthers would participate( after all it is u all that should be preparing not me :p, just kidding!)

Reaction score
It's like i'm the only one taking 2nd language Urdu!! Could anyone help me? So my 2nd language Urdu exam is in may and i'm pretty scared. Could you answer some questions of mine and give me some tips on how to get a good grade in Urdu as well?
Q1. What are the examiners really looking for so as to give you an A*?? Are there like some wild factors they'd like to see in your exam? Please mention.
Q2. What if for the comprehension part...i write exactly the same text as given in the passages? Will my marks be deducted?? Do we have to write in our own words as in is it a MUST??
Please reply asap. May Allah Bless you!
Just use adequate and moderate urdu if your not so good in urdu..it just should make sense and be according to the question..for the comprehension..it doesn't really matter if you use the same words as in the comprehension..coz of personal experienced..ive seen some words whose meanings i dont know of in it..so i use the same words in the answer only for those of which i dont know the meanings

Reaction score
Why was the division of the armed forces and military assets a problem for Pakistan in 1947? (7)
Why was Pakistan faced with a refugee problem in 1947?

Why was the Kashmir Issue a problem for Pakistan in 1947? (7)

Can any1 write detailed ans for these questionss?!?

Reaction score
Does anyone have notes for Islamiyat Examinations of 2012, where the part (b) of Q1 of Paper 1 is changed to this

1 Choose any two of the following passages from the Qur’an, and:
(a) briefly describe the main theme(s) in each passage. [4]
(b) briefly explain the importance of these themes in a Muslims life today. [4]

If you have it please upload it, it will be very useful thanks.

Reaction score
HISTORY! I have a query... I've heard that in CIEs' (in history) Q1 = Q2 = Q3 are from Arungzeb till the Independence act of 1947 so for my CIEs' should I learn till there or the whole thing? if yes or no please state your reason

Reaction score
In history what shoulod be learnt about the political figuers from 1947 and onwards? :unsure:

Reaction score
HISTORY! I have a query... I've heard that in CIEs' (in history) Q1 = Q2 = Q3 are from Arungzeb till the Independence act of 1947 so for my CIEs' should I learn till there or the whole thing? if yes or no please state your reason

sure but it would be sensible to learn upto the Separation of Bangladesh , to avoid pitfalls.