• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
One question regarding Islamiyat Paper 1
Is the b part of question 1 still the importance of the theme in Muslim's life today as it was in June 2012?
In the 2013 syllabus there is no mention related to any change. It is still written that candidates should study how the theme presents itself in its own particular way. So is the old b part back or is it just some sort of mistake in the syllabus?
will be giving the exam this may. Really confused. Help please.

Reaction score
Is the b part of question 1 still the importance of the theme in Muslim's life today as it was in June 2012?
In the 2013 syllabus there is no mention related to any change. It is still written that candidates should study how the theme presents itself in its own particular way. So is the old b part back or is it just some sort of mistake in the syllabus?
actually i was confused too as i'm also takin the M/J 2013 session. as far as my teacher told us is that this time it wud be the importance of theme in daily life as in 2012 bt the following year they wud switch bak to distinctive theme as it was earlier ( hope i'm not confusing :p )

Reaction score
The most authentic proof of this change is the sample paper dispatched by cambridge for the year 2012 and onwards. Go to the link and download the specimen paper for 2012 and onwards. Here's the link: http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/olevel/subject?assdef_id=922
For knowing how to answer it, also download the marking scheme for question 1(b) paper 1 from the same link.

Reaction score
actually i was confused too as i'm also takin the M/J 2013 session. as far as my teacher told us is that this time it wud be the importance of theme in daily life as in 2012 bt the following year they wud switch bak to distinctive theme as it was earlier ( hope i'm not confusing :p )
I am not sure that whether you are right or not but I think that as the specimen paper is for 2012 and onwards so I dont think that they will switch the question back agian.

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I was wondering if it would be good if I give Pak. Studies, Urdu (second language) and Islamiyat privately as perhaps I won't be in Pak. when my time for giving the exam will arrive in summer (immigration visa will probably arrive before). It won't be important outside Pak. but I would like to have knowledge about these subjects and will feel proud if i have a qualification in my country's subjects :) And these subjects aren't hard and can be easily self studied (with little guidance from school teachers) and MA I have always been well in these subjects in school. What is your opinion?​

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with topical past papers of Pak studies(Geography) with marking scheme..

Reaction score
I am in O levels 2nd year, and i will be appearing in Pakistan Studies and Islamiat in May.
I am not prepared well, actually not prepared at all, I need help please.
I want to know how should i prepare, nd for islamiyat i remember everything written in books, but in Islamiat the problem is that I dont know well about how to attempt Questions? can i get help. and nor i am able to learn about personalities and compainions, so please tell me the important ones.
And for Pakistan Studies, Geography and History both seem to be difficult, nd for history i am not able to learn section 2 well.
In Geography what is important in Topography, and which maps i have to learn by heart?
and i want to know how to attempt Questions in History?
and how should i start my preparation in Order to do it fast and learn it by heart?
Please Urgent Help is needed !
I'll be Thankfull to you ! :)

Reaction score
dua shabir,
first i will tell u about islamiat. as u said that u have learned almost all of the islamiat syllabus, make sure that u have understood what ever u have read, your learning must be something greater than memorizing of facts. however u will be need to memorize some of the 'multipurpose' references, which can be used in more than one topics. now i come to yhe attempting of questions. for part a of every question, show as much relevant knowledge as u can. for answering 10 marks questions, write a thorough detailed account on the question, make sure u r writing relevant to the question asked as the question on a same topic can be asked from very different perspectives. here is an example of such questions,
1. write an account on any two of thebattles fought by prophet(pbuh).
2. describe the conduct of prophet(pbuh) in any of the two battles he fought.
so u may have noticed how both questions differ although they are appearantly same. 1 askes for a general account while the other asks for the prophet(pbuh)'s leadership with the example of any two battles so in this u have to focus mainly on how prophet(pbuh) led the muslims. secondly give a suitable reference(s) to support your content. if u mention the surah and ayat number with the reference u can score greatly. try to add some uncommon facts to show ur good knowledge. this wil increase the chances of scoring high marks. for part b of

Reaction score
marks would be deducted if i mention something irrelevant?
and almost how much i've to write in part A?

Reaction score
There
is no negative marking in O-levels I guess... it will waste uha tym which is most precious while giving these papers . These papers like Pakistan Studies and Islamiat have very limited time . So avoid writing irrelevant . It can effect on grade

Reaction score
i was asking because my Islamiat teacher deducts marks for writing irrelevant,
i was talking about sometimes with flow i mention some irrelevant points :|

Reaction score
if whole of your question is irrelevant i.e if u r asked to write about the administration of hazrat Umer (ra) and instead u write about the expansion of islamic empire in that time, u will be rewarded '0' marks. so avoid such mistakes. secondly, u have to write an essay length answer to question (a), expect question 1. this essay length question is of about 2 pages, it depends on ur writing size and how well u summarize. but stil ur answer should be of about atleast more than one page as i don't think that all the necessary information can be well accommodated in one page or less. so for high score, ur answer should be well structured, thorough, relevant and written in good expression.

Reaction score
in islamiat for part b's, u must show ur good understanding with what u have learned. this can be done by critically analyzing the question and giving valid and good reasons. for high scores, give a good example from islamic literature or daily life. these questions are general and are closely related to part a. but make sure u do not repeat the content of part a in p. only a minor part of it in different wordings. it should only be done when u have no other option or that content is highly relevant with the part b.
i will be posting tips for pak.studies very soon as i will get time

Reaction score
Thankyou so much!
actually marks were deducted,
the question was to write about Hadis, we had to mention sanad and matn,
i mentioned six authentic books, teacher deducted marks, while i had also mentioned sanad and matn ?

Reaction score
how much marks did the question carried? how much marks u got? and did u first wrote the about the authentic books or sanad and matan?

Reaction score
I am in O levels 2nd year, and i will be appearing in Pakistan Studies and Islamiat in May.
I am not prepared well, actually not prepared at all, I need help please.
I want to know how should i prepare, nd for islamiyat i remember everything written in books, but in Islamiat the problem is that I dont know well about how to attempt Questions? can i get help. and nor i am able to learn about personalities and compainions, so please tell me the important ones.
And for Pakistan Studies, Geography and History both seem to be difficult, nd for history i am not able to learn section 2 well.
In Geography what is important in Topography, and which maps i have to learn by heart?
and i want to know how to attempt Questions in History?
and how should i start my preparation in Order to do it fast and learn it by heart?
Please Urgent Help is needed !
I'll be Thankfull to you ! :)
In islamiat, for knowing the most important companions and personalities, look back at the past papers. the personalities about which have been asked even once can also be repeated so learn first all of those asked in previous papers. after that learn the ones u think are most important and can be asked, for this u may take ur teacher's suggestion. according to my experience, generally 2 questions are asked from life of Prophet(pbuh) and the other on first islamic community so pay more stress on life of Prophet(pbuh). However, do not totally skip the first islamic community. if u do that, do at ur own risk :p
pak.studies:
for history u can do with exam if u have prepared well with section 1 and 2 only but it is suggested to also preview section 3 for better chances of high grades. do as u r having problems with section 2, u may learn section 1 properly (do not skip anything from it) and then go through section 2 and 3 in such a way that u can answer a general question easily. A good way of revisising all the stuff in history is solve all the questions in past papers but not as u do in ur exams. as history is all about reasoning, just write 3 reasons for every 7 marks and 5-8 reasons for 14 marks and 4 points for 4 marks question without any elaboration. once u r done with it and u r sure that u know almost everything well, solve proper past papers just for time management so u may effectively answer a question in a limited time. Now answering questions in history,
for 4 marks, write any relevant 4 points according to the question. it is often suggested that u may add some more points so if u wrote any point wrong, u can be awarded marks if the extra point u have written is correct. for 7 mark question, write 3 valid reasons and explain them.for example, if u r asked for the reasons of decline of mughal empire, in first paragraph first state the reason without any irrelevant introduction, this is the identifying of reason. then elaborate it by linking it back to the question. i.e. if u write that mughal empire was declined because of poor administration, explain how poor administration led to the decline and as u do end the paragraph with something like 'so the mughal empire declined.' thats the linking back to question. in the same manner, write the other two reasons in differnet paragraphs. for 14 marks question, give all ur reasons in the similar way u gave in 7 mark question and at the end add a conclusion to score high marks. note if the 14 marks question starts with 'how successful' then u will give both positive and negative reasons. 14 marks answer should not be description of events but explanation of how the factor led to the event asked in the question.
for geography maps, check the syllabus for the year in which u r appearing. in syllabus geography checklist and a list of places are stated which u have to identify on map. so learn only those places and nothing else. but keep in mind that something other than that places can alsp be asked but thats not common and may not result in a huge loss of marks. for topography and other chapters, read the checklist in syllabus to know what u should know in each chapter.

Reaction score
This question had 10 marks, i mentioned sanad nd matn, nd at the end wrote about six authentic books, i got 6 marks out of 10.
Nd thankyou so much..
Nd lst thing for history papers, it is necassry to write in paragraphys?

Reaction score
i am nt sure that whether ur teacher deducted marks for writing irrelevant or not but i think if u had given some examples or references along with ur explaination. also maybe by improving ur written expression u can score well in future tests, i dont know how good is ur written expression but it also affects ur score.
paragraphs in history show the different reasons explained so it is important. but make sure u link the paragraphs by giving the reference of the reason u gave in previous paragraph.