• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
guys i need help with the main points for
why the lucknow pact came about
why did second round table conference fail
why was gov of india act 1935 opposed
why was this act imporatant
why was the quit india movement formed
why is iqbl imporatant to pak movement
why is rehmat ali important.
please i need urgent help.

For opposition to gov of India act

The Government of India Act 1935 fell short of Indian expectation due to a number of reasons as detailed below:

Indians were not involved in drafting the Act, and no Indian legislature, federal or provincial, was authorized to make amendments in the Act. Only the British Parliament was authorized for changes in the Indian constitution. Such Act can never be welcomed, it can only be imposed.

A federal type of government was proposed by the Act comprising of Indian provinces and Princely States. The princes were free to join the federation or remain autocratic ruler. Congress wanted democratic reforms within princely states but the princes wanted to rule without any external intervention. The princes were given over-representation, 40 percent in the Upper House (104/260) and 33 percent in the Lower House (125/375). With more seats in the federation, they would not be easy to democratize. That’s why the formula in the Act of 1935 was not acceptable to Congress, the major political stakeholder.

The system was not fully democratic, only one-fourth of the population could use their right of polling votes in the general elections. This was against the basic principles of democracy.

There were special and discriminatory powers with the Viceroy and provincial governors. They could even dissolve the Legislative Assembly. These special powers were hurdles in the path of provincial autonomy and were contradictory with the basic principles of democracy.

For why lp was formed

[Muslims’ New Strategy] When Bengal was partitioned in 1905, Hindus reacted against the decision and they went on violent protests and boycotts of British goods. On the other hand, the Muslims remained loyal to the British rule. The British could not sustain the pressure of demonstrations and reversed the decision of partition in 1911. This was a betrayal to the Muslims’ loyalty. They realized the British rulers could no longer be trusted. Now they had to devise a new strategy for achieving their goals. They wanted to turn towards the demand of self-rule but they needed constitutional protection – separate electorate and provincial autonomy – from Hindus after the British would leave India. Muslim League, therefore, signed the Lucknow Pact in 1916 in which Congress agreed on granting the Muslims 1/3 reserved seats in the central legislative council.

[Jinnah’s Role] At the time of the pact, Muhammad Ali Jinnah was an idealist who believed that Hindus and Muslims could work together. He wanted that all religious groups should live together in harmony. He was a strong supporter of Hindu-Muslim unity. He believed that joint demands would put more pressure on the British. Therefore he persuaded the Congress and the Muslim League for the Lucknow Pact in 1916. He believed that this pact would lead to united Indian nation.
(Note: Mr. Jinnah became realist after Nehru Report in 1929 who then believed in the two-nation theory).

[Joint Demand] Congress was keen to gain the support of Muslim League for its demand of self-rule in India. It hoped that it would be difficult for the British to reject the joint demand of self-rule for longer time. Therefore, it was ready to give concessions to Muslim League for its own objective of home-rule. That is why Congress went into Lucknow Pact with Muslim League in 1916.

Reaction score
Salam every one!
Post your Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu doubts here. Members here will try and help you out, Insha'Allah!

I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D
All 4 marks questions
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-4-part-questions-compilation-here.13263/
In the 7 mark question if I am writing like this instead of the simple statement," for e.g. War of Independence of 1857 was fought due to the following reasons." So I will be awarded the 1 mark of the simple statement or not? please answer. Thank You :)

Reaction score
In the 7 mark question if I am writing like this instead of the simple statement," for e.g. War of Independence of 1857 was fought due to the following reasons." So I will be awarded the 1 mark of the simple statement or not? please answer. Thank You :)
simplistic statement is not required but no harm if you write it

Reaction score
For opposition to gov of India act

The Government of India Act 1935 fell short of Indian expectation due to a number of reasons as detailed below:

Indians were not involved in drafting the Act, and no Indian legislature, federal or provincial, was authorized to make amendments in the Act. Only the British Parliament was authorized for changes in the Indian constitution. Such Act can never be welcomed, it can only be imposed.

A federal type of government was proposed by the Act comprising of Indian provinces and Princely States. The princes were free to join the federation or remain autocratic ruler. Congress wanted democratic reforms within princely states but the princes wanted to rule without any external intervention. The princes were given over-representation, 40 percent in the Upper House (104/260) and 33 percent in the Lower House (125/375). With more seats in the federation, they would not be easy to democratize. That’s why the formula in the Act of 1935 was not acceptable to Congress, the major political stakeholder.

The system was not fully democratic, only one-fourth of the population could use their right of polling votes in the general elections. This was against the basic principles of democracy.

There were special and discriminatory powers with the Viceroy and provincial governors. They could even dissolve the Legislative Assembly. These special powers were hurdles in the path of provincial autonomy and were contradictory with the basic principles of democracy.

For why lp was formed

[Muslims’ New Strategy] When Bengal was partitioned in 1905, Hindus reacted against the decision and they went on violent protests and boycotts of British goods. On the other hand, the Muslims remained loyal to the British rule. The British could not sustain the pressure of demonstrations and reversed the decision of partition in 1911. This was a betrayal to the Muslims’ loyalty. They realized the British rulers could no longer be trusted. Now they had to devise a new strategy for achieving their goals. They wanted to turn towards the demand of self-rule but they needed constitutional protection – separate electorate and provincial autonomy – from Hindus after the British would leave India. Muslim League, therefore, signed the Lucknow Pact in 1916 in which Congress agreed on granting the Muslims 1/3 reserved seats in the central legislative council.

[Jinnah’s Role] At the time of the pact, Muhammad Ali Jinnah was an idealist who believed that Hindus and Muslims could work together. He wanted that all
religious groups should live together in harmony. He was a strong supporter of Hindu-Muslim unity. He believed that joint demands would put more pressure on the British. Therefore he persuaded the Congress and the Muslim League for the Lucknow Pact in 1916. He believed that this pact would lead to united Indian nation.
(Note: Mr. Jinnah became realist after Nehru Report in 1929 who then believed in the two-nation theory).

[Joint Demand] Congress was keen to gain the support of Muslim League for its demand of self-rule in India. It hoped that it would be difficult for the British to reject the joint demand of self-rule for longer time. Therefore, it was ready to give concessions to Muslim League for its own objective of home-rule. That is why Congress went into Lucknow Pact with Muslim League in 1916.
thanx a ton. ^_^

Reaction score
Anyways, i need help with these questions.. ASAP!

Q1. Why did Shah Wali Ullah have a major influence in the revival of islam? [7]
Q2. How successful were the British in their attempts to take over lands in the subcontinent before 1857? Explain your answer. [14]
Q3. Why did the Cripps Mission fail? [7]
Q4. Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan start the Aligarh Movement? [7]
Q5. Why were British successful in taking control of lands between 1750 and 1850? [7]

And the second question, the marking scheme says we need to state both failures and successes... im confused about that!

LANGUAGES chapter in section 1, how am i supposed to prepare that? We are only supposed to have knowledge about the promotion of various languages, right?
As question only comes about promotion and ''Why Urdu was chosen as national language?''!
Or are we supposed to memorize all those names of poets and writers?

Thanks in Advance.
Q3. The. Crips mission was a bunch provisions the British have to the Indian before the World War Two to win their support and so that they would help the British during the war. The provision were that after the war an Indian unio. Would be set up with dominion status also after the was a constituent assembly should frame a new constitution. And lastly elections would be held after the war. This was rejected immediately by muslim league and the congress. The muslim league rejected it as it had no mention about pakistan and the muslim league was clear that no rule should be set up or passed that had no mention of pakistan . However Jinnah was pleased to see that the British realised the need to protect the minorities interest. The congress did not like the crips mission because it demanded control of Indian affairs and the congress did not trust the British to keep their promise after the war. They did not want to make the same mistake as they did n the First World War by trustin g them. As they knew that the British were beeper ate and intended to exploit this.

Reaction score
someone pls teme that the political reforms of Sir syed like his two nation theory n reconcilitation mission included in Aligarh movement?

Reaction score
Firstly, what exactly is the aligarh movement, was it an official 'movement' by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan or something else? and what were its aim, achievements etc.?

Secondly, the questions about discussing the major themes of the Holy Qur'an with reference to e.g Allah in Himself etc. confuse me. I would really appreciate it if anoyone would provide me with a complete answer regarding a similar question. :) . I understand there are both 4marks and 10marks parts regarding this question, what are the differences between the two?

Reaction score
I am.very poor in Geog. No general knowledge etc. How do I prepare? Do I give through reading of Huma Naz Sethi book and do past papers? Or should I just learn everything by heart (known as rata :D )
I would recommend looking at the past papers so you have an understanding of what kind of questions appear in the exams, and then thoroughly reading the book regarding those topics, and then doing the past papers.

Reaction score
I need answer of why cripps mission was opposed?(7)
and why morley minto opposed? (7)
need the answer ASAP!!!!

the cripps mission was opposed because:
-Jinnah wanted full assurance of establishing Pakistan but no such assurance was given.
- it was not promising the full and immediate dominion status.
-Congress wanted to exploit Britain's crucial position

the morley Minto reforms were opposed because:
- The number of seat in the Indian councils were increased but the people only had advisory powers.
- Seperate electorates were granted to Muslims, which angered the congress.
- Hindus had started demanding for self rule and Imdependance but no such power of ruling their country was given to the people.

Reaction score
Q1. Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan start the Aligarh Movement? [7]
Q2. Why were British successful in taking control of lands between 1750 and 1850? [7]
Q3. Why was the Muslim League established in 1906? [7]

Please can anyone answer these questions? I'm in need of desperate help.
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell my that what is the grading syatem for palistan studies and urdu......i mean that on what percentage would i get an A or an A*?

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell my that what is the grading syatem for palistan studies and urdu......i mean that on what percentage would i get an A or an A*?
depends, on a tough one you can get A* on 85 marks but if it is easy it may go up to 92