• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
lol. you guys have to give them again.
and the worst of it all, islamiat and history on the same dayyyy!(y)good luck!

Reaction score
I saw a slide on Geo which says, CIE is taking Islamiyat exam and Pak.studies again..... :(
Is it true???????

Reaction score
why the lucknow pact came about?(7)
The Lucknow pact was signed to ironically drift away from the British and to join hands with congress as many of Muslims rights and demands were not fulfilled. The Kanpur mosque tragedy in which the Muslim mosque was demolished and the refusal to alleviate the Aligarh college to university status further enraged the Muslims
furthermore,The annulment of the partition of Bengal had made Muslims realize that such balant and backtracking by the British had put the question mark in Muslim minds about the credibility of future promises. The Balkan wars and the deplorable condition of Muslims in turkey had further compelled Muslims to drift away from the British
The emergence of liberal leadership in India such as Gok hale, sp senha, Jinnah, Gandhi who was keen to restore relations with congress and Muslims as they thought that Hindu Muslim problems are so deep rooted that some form of partition would be in evitable.
The First World War was going in the subcontinent and British needed Indian support while the Indians always saw “British weakness” as “Indian’s opportunity” so decided to put the joint venture of Hindu Muslim demands before the British to demand concessions from them.

It was the first pact in which the congress recognized Muslim league as Muslim bodies. plz check this.

Reaction score

Good Well stated , this was the first time when congress accepted Muslim league's demand of separate electorate though Congress leadership had eaten their words in Nehru report

Reaction score
These are few notes i prepared for Pakistan Studies P1 (History of Pakistan).
Some might find them useful, others might not.
Have a look and Good luck for the Retakes of the papers :)

Attachments

• History of Pakistan (1700-1999).pdf
    444.7 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
HEY GUYS! CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE RELIEF AND NATURAL DRAINAGE OF THE UPPER INDUS PLAIN???

PLEASE HELP ME.. HURRY!!! TOMORROW IS MY EXAM!:cry:

Reaction score
Please answer the following Questions URGENTLY Q!!!

Q ; Why was there so much opposition to the 1935 act .(7)
Q2: Why was the 1935 act so much important to the future of sub continent .(7)
Q3 : Why did the British took direct control of east india company (7).

Reaction score
Please answer the following Questions URGENTLY Q!!!

Q ; Why was there so much opposition to the 1935 act .(7)
Q2: Why was the 1935 act so much important to the future of sub continent .(7)
Q3 : Why did the British took direct control of east india company (7).
Q1 -governers had special powers in 2 reserved areas
-property qualification meant that only 25% of the ppl cud vote
-the figure of viceroy who had the power to veto any command or pass any bill
Q2- more local representation meant that
- more ppl cud vote as voting rights were extended to 25% of population which was only 2% earlier
- provinces given larger degree of autonomy
Q3-to fill the power vacuum
- to oust he french n the dutch
- to end it's exploitative role