• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
thanks.it was very helpful:) i do use nigel kelly at school but i dont think it contains all points

For Sec 1 and Sec2 , Nigel Kelly is perfect , I've made complete notes for both of these sections from Book and MS. Lemme know if you require them...
For Geo, first try to cover these chapters;
  • Population
  • Industry , Trade & communication ( as they usually link these chapters)
  • Agriculture , Water Resources and Ch:1 Climate

And just read rest of the chapters twice to thrice , there are chances of fishing in next ppr so , u may prepare that too.

Reaction score
For Sec 1 and Sec2 , Nigel Kelly is perfect , I've made complete notes for both of these sections from Book and MS. Lemme know if you require them...
  • Population

And just read rest of the chapters twice to thrice , there are chances of fishing in next ppr so , u may prepare that too.
i ve no issue with geo.can u help in history especially in formats.and i ll be pleased for ur notes

Reaction score
i ve no issue with geo.can u help in history especially in formats.and i ll be pleased for ur notes

4 Mark Question :
Any relevant 4 to 5 points ( 5 to 6 lines max.)

7 Mark Question : ( approx. no more than 1 page for answer )

*Simple statement ( 1 to 2 lines )
1st reason + Justify
2nd reason + Justify
3rd reason + Justify

14 Mark Question : ( max 2 pages . 2 and half pages would be perfect with quality material )
*Simple statement ( 2 to 3 lines )
1st reason + Justify + relevant references
2nd reason + Justify + relevant references
3rd reason + Justify +relevant references
* Conclusion ( And justify it )

I appeared for pak std . in this Oct/Nov session so , will send u the notes for sec.1 and sec.2 , for section 3 you may follow ms directly !
( will scan them shortly )

Reaction score
4 Mark Question :
Any relevant 4 to 5 points ( 5 to 6 lines max.)

7 Mark Question : ( approx. no more than 1 page for answer )

*Simple statement ( 1 to 2 lines )
1st reason + Justify
2nd reason + Justify
3rd reason + Justify

14 Mark Question : ( max 2 pages . 2 and half pages would be perfect with quality material )
*Simple statement ( 2 to 3 lines )
1st reason + Justify + relevant references
2nd reason + Justify + relevant references
3rd reason + Justify +relevant references
* Conclusion ( And justify it )

I appeared for pak std . in this Oct/Nov session so , will send u the notes for sec.1 and sec.2 , for section 3 you may follow ms directly !
( will scan them shortly )
wat do u mean by references in history.i do them in isl but never heard of them in p.st.wat grades u got?

Reaction score
will be getting my result in jan-2015
In 7 mark question , ans should be brief and to the point ...
While in 14 mark question , they require detailed ans.

In parts (b) and (c), what is the difference between a factor identified, described and explained?
Identification of a factor requires highlighting an event, decision, person’s impact etc., and describing it means giving some more detail on that factor. Students are then expected to explain the part played by factors in the topic of the question, i.e. to link the factor back to the question. The more factors that are identified and explained, the higher the mark is likely to be.

How is the top level of marks accessed?
In part (b) questions, good explanations of sever al factors should attract high marks. For part (c) questions, the best candidates should also offer an evaluation of the factors relevant to the question.

Reaction score
wat do u mean by references in history.i do them in isl but never heard of them in p.st.wat grades u got?

Example :

(c) How successful were political developments in seeking a solution to the problems in the sub-continent between 1909 and 1919? Explain your answer.

LEVEL 1: Simplistic statement [1–2]
Problems existed between Muslims and Hindus

Success :-
1) The Lucknow Pact of 1916 ( Detailed reason )
The Lucknow Pact of 1916 was an agreement between the Muslims and Hindus, which placed a number of political demands to the British government in an attempt to show a united front and produce common aims. For the first time Hindus acknowledged that Muslims had the right to a separate electorate and was therefore seen as a beacon of hope for the future.

2) The Morley-Minto Reforms 1909 ( Detailed reason )
The Morley-Minto Reforms became law in 1909 as the Indian Councils Act. The importance of the Councils, which were enlarged, was to ensure that Indian legislators were given a chance to express their opinions. The British also accepted the right of Muslims to have a separate electorate.

3)The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms ( Detailed reason )
The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms held out concessions to political parties provided that they accepted the right of the British to remain in control.

Failure :
The Morley-Minto Reforms were well intentioned but the councils that were enlarged could only give advice, with power remaining in the hands of the British. The Indians objected to this as they wanted more say in their affairs.

The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms disappointed the Muslims and Hindus as they had hoped for greater concessions. Central government reserved sweeping powers for itself with only minor concessions for the locals. As the Indians had supported the British during WW1 they felt that the British government should reward this by giving them more responsibility in running their own affairs.

The Rowlatt Act of 1919 followed the Montagu-Chelmsford reforms and increased the resentment of the political parties by including the right of arrest without a warrant and detention without bail. This was to cause great unrest.

LEVEL 5: As Level 4 – also produces a judgement or evaluation [14]

Reaction score
Can any one help me with Q 1 part b of Islamiyat p1
I don't know what to write in it.
In the past papers from 2009-2011 it written that we have to write about how the verse presents its theme in a distinctive way.
So says the syllabus from 2oo9-2015 but in the past papers from 2012-2013 its written that we have to write the importance of the theme.
The response to these are totally different
I am appearing for islamiyat in 2015 may/June what should i prepare for? The importance of the theme? or how the verse presents its theme in a distinctive way?

some one please help

Ive been asking this for along time :mad: .

Reaction score
will be getting my result in jan-2015
In 7 mark question , ans should be brief and to the point ...
While in 14 mark question , they require detailed ans.

In parts (b) and (c), what is the difference between a factor identified, described and explained?
Identification of a factor requires highlighting an event, decision, person’s impact etc., and describing it means giving some more detail on that factor. Students are then expected to explain the part played by factors in the topic of the question, i.e. to link the factor back to the question. The more factors that are identified and explained, the higher the mark is likely to be.

How is the top level of marks accessed?
In part (b) questions, good explanations of sever al factors should attract high marks. For part (c) questions, the best candidates should also offer an evaluation of the factors relevant to the question.
u hav knowledge for almost every subject Mr champion

Reaction score
But it says in the 2015 syllabus that we have to write the presentation of the theme in a distinctive way:unsure:
the same was written in 2014 syllabus,but in paper the question demanded to write its importance in a muslims life today.i also have to appear in 2015 and we r preparing it this way at school

Reaction score
  • Population

CAN U PLEASE UPLOAD THE NOTES THANX IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
the same was written in 2014 syllabus,but in paper the question demanded to write its importance in a muslims life today.i also have to appear in 2015 and we r preparing it this way at school
i can confirm this is true i appeared in islamiat paper in may

Reaction score
hey buddy #husnain99
as u explained the technique for pak st , could u please tell me about islamiayt ?
like how to write for 10 mark and 4 mark questions ??

Reaction score
hey buddy #husnain99
as u explained the technique for pak st , could u please tell me about islamiayt ?
like how to write for 10 mark and 4 mark questions ??
Honestly have no idea for isl. Will try to send you the sample answer as soon as i get it ...
For preparation i'll recommend you to use Farkhanda Noor+ Gulam Shabir + MS than ur all set :)