• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

paper 12 chemistry ...

Reaction score
o_O Can someone tell me the question number of the question to which answer was 3 possible products was B ?

Reaction score
Im sure that the options which contained the product alkane was incorrect..alkenes dont produce alkanes when cracked. i went for D as W and X only because Z had too double bonds..
i also did D for this one but my all other fellows were saying that when cracking is done there is possibility of any product but smaller then the initial hydrocarbon. but i did by seeing number of carbons of products with octene.

Reaction score
The cracking of octene one was D. Because to balance no. of hydrogen atoms, the diene and alkane should both have been produced, or neither. This was the case only in A or D. And in A, the no. of carbon atoms weren't balanced, so answer is D.
The HBr one was either A or B, anyways it was the option with
(CH3)2CH-CBr3,
(CH3)2CBr-CHBr2
CH3CBr2-(CH3)CHBr
As for the coniine question, it was a cycloalkane with a propyl group attached so either A or B. And with B, there was an imbalance of covalent bonds, so answer was A.

Reaction score
its C for (2+x/2)...2P n 1Q n 1R...r produced...i solved it :D

It was D. Im pretty sure.. 3 moles on each side. 2P--> 1Q + 2R (Given the condition that the no:eek:f moles of P are 2+x/2 , where in x stands for the number of moles of R)

Reaction score
i also did D for this one but my all other fellows were saying that when cracking is done there is possibility of any product but smaller then the initial hydrocarbon. but i did by seeing number of carbons of products with octene.
Okay for some reason they are right except that alkane is not produced (1000% sure asked my chem sir after the paper). But it the question it said produced TOGETHER OR ALTOGETHER or something like this. Then i counted the number of Cs and Hs and only D looked right further more how can a 2 double bonds be produced from 1..lol