• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 12 maths

Reaction score
My answer was 5 in the binomial question but im not so sure. I think I messed up the formula. Can someone else please confirm?

Reaction score
Here's the solution to it, IIRC:

ar = a - 9, and from this we get r = (a - 9) / a
ar^2 = 30

a [(a-9) / a ]^2 + (a - 9) = 30

Solve for A to get the answer.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was definitely 10a^2 - 160 = 90, then you get a as +5. There were 2 coefficients of X, one was 5C2 * a^2 but I can't remember the other.

Reaction score
what was the solution for the trigo question?? I spent lot of time on it but not sure whether its right.

Reaction score
The paper quite extended, but I managed it in 1 1/4 hours, leaving 30 minutes for revision. Here are some of the answers:

(volume of rotation about x-axis): 12 pi
binomial theorem: a= 5
GP>> first term (a)= 27
AP>> a = 9, d= 2
unit vector scalar multiple: 1/sqr(61)
(coordinates): A(4,6), B(2,2)
(Area): 28/3
functions: g-1(x) = (8/x)+3; undefined when x=0
0<k<64/9

Reaction score
Salam everyone...In my opinion the paper was quite easy..All the question were easy except that AP GP one which was little bit tricky..in my centre most the people found it easy..What Range of values of k.. u guys wrote in last question??..ANd i got +-8/3 value of k....Can anyone share his/her answers for vector question.?

Reaction score
Yeah, The paper was really tough. I hope i will get around 60. And am also guessing the threshold will be around 60.

Reaction score
Salam everyone...In my opinion the paper was quite easy..All the question were easy except that AP GP one which was little bit tricky..in my centre most the people found it easy..What Range of values of k.. u guys wrote in last question??..ANd i got +-8/3 value of k....Can anyone share his/her answers for vector question.?

0<k<(64/9) [using the logic that the discriminant (b^2 - 4.a.c)<0 if there are 'no solutions']

Reaction score
the answers were q.1 volume =12pi
binomial a=5
trignometry..45 degree and 119degree or 116.something
a.p, d=2 and a=9
g.p, a=27
the coordinates of a and b were (4,6) and (2,2)
and the area in the last question was 28/3
i got these and i think i'm correct

MJ!

Reaction score
the paper was weird ! specially the A.P question!! i spent half an hour trying to solve it, but l7umdullah i figured it out at the last moment!
I hope we all get A's,, :D

Reaction score
Guys i made a silly mistake...instead of writing 2 answers for the trignometric question i wrote all 4 ( didn't look at the domain of x )..but my answers were correct. Do you think i'll lose marks for that coz the cambridge people are really lineant at marking..