• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 12 maths

Reaction score
haha in the trig question, I wrote about 5 different degrees in the range of -180 to 180

Reaction score
what was the last question like was it f(g)x? and what was g(x)? I solved this by b^2-4ac, is that right?

Reaction score
wasn't the plate the circular sector? (without the triangular part?)

I'm afraid you're erroneous. The plate was circular with a vertical edge made by chord (AB) and not the 'dotted' circular sector which looked somewhat like Pacman.;)
The area is 146 cm^2 (correct to 3 s.f)

Reaction score
what was the last question like was it f(g)x? and what was g(x)? I solved this by b^2-4ac, is that right?

g-1(x)= (8/x) + 3 (x=/0)
you solve for the range of k by supposing the discriminant: b^2 -4.a.c<0
>> 0<k<(64/9)

Reaction score
can anyone explain me how they got the answers for trigonometry question.

Reaction score
My paper went very good, I'm hoping for something in the 70s if not full (I hate how elitist that sounds but meh :\) but yeah, I agree that the paper was quite tough and the grade threshold will definitely be low (probably 58-60 maybe).
I thought the paper was much easier than last year's .. except for 7a) everything made sense

Reaction score
I'm afraid you're erroneous. The plate was circular with a vertical edge made by chord (AB) and not the 'dotted' circular sector which looked somewhat like Pacman.;)
The area is 146 cm^2 (correct to 3 s.f)
but but .. it said, "the plate was made by removing a triangular piece"... or somethin like that! ='[ .. I wrote 146 .. then re read the question and changed both answers I thin *sobsniffcry*

Reaction score
In this one shaded areas were removed... but in the paper the question already had the part removed which wasnt shown ..... leaving behind the triangle and the remaning sector of circle :)

Reaction score
When i solved the ap question i got d =1 and i put it in the equation and got a=9 ...how can u get a=9 if u get d=2 ?

Reaction score
does anyone remember what vectors OA and OB were?
I don't exactly remember but I think OA was twice the magnitude of one of the vectors given in the question, and OB was thrice the magnitude of the other vector provided in the question. The final answer was something like 1/√61 (-5i + 6j).