• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 3 physics !! get help here :)

Reaction score
for 1 a iii : total distance = 100
sbtract distance under area of the first part ( triangle) : 1/2 x 3 x 8 = 12
100 - 12 = 88m this is the total area under graph for the remaingin trapezium (distance)
then area of trapezium (distance = 1/2 (a+b) xh
88 = 1/2 ( 8 + b ( the speed that you r calculating) ) x (14.2 - 3)
then calculate (multiply divide until u find b which is ur answer

Reaction score
kinda complicated to explain here bt ill try and hope ull get it
in the second picture the pivot is not in mid of P its at the corner and lenght of all P is 0.06 ... now look at the first pic ull see tht distnace is given from mid of P till the end so to calculate the moment at the left ull need fxd f is wat ur calculating and d is distance from half p till the end which is 0.2- (0.06/2) now for the right side u have f which is 160N and distance is again from half P + o.5+ 0.25 now use formula clockwise moment = anti clockwise moment subsitute value and ull get 734N i think check ms
for ii) P add 734 tht u calcuated and 160
all the rest are zero since thy are not in contact

Reaction score
kinda complicated to explain here bt ill try and hope ull get it
in the second picture the pivot is not in mid of P its at the corner and lenght of all P is 0.06 ... now look at the first pic ull see tht distnace is given from mid of P till the end so to calculate the moment at the left ull need fxd f is wat ur calculating and d is distance from half p till the end which is 0.2- (0.06/2) now for the right side u have f which is 160N and distance is again from half P + o.5+ 0.25 now use formula clockwise moment = anti clockwise moment subsitute value and ull get 734N i think check ms
for ii) P add 734 tht u calcuated and 160
all the rest are zero since thy are not in contact
Thank yoouuuuu sooo muchhhhhh!!!! :D I finally got itttttt