• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
Their would be to lines one at higher temperatures (solubility temperature) and the other at lower temperature (crystals appearing)
on x-axis Temperatures and on Y-axis Solubility
u extend both of these lines and the point of intersection is their transition temperature!

Yeah exactly,i did get two curves and when i checked with the marking scheme, it says that the first line (at lower temp) has a steeper gradient and vice versa while i got the oppposite. Is the transition temp around 49C?? Plus all my solubilities were above 100! Is that corrct??

Reaction score
when they ask us to calculate solubility and say :
"The units of solubility are grams per one hundred grams of water (g / 100g water)." What does this mean???? and what formula do we use?
thanx in advance

Reaction score
when they ask us to calculate solubility and say :
"The units of solubility are grams per one hundred grams of water (g / 100g water)." What does this mean???? and what formula do we use?
thanx in advance
the unit means how many grams of the "solute" dissolves (soluble) in 100g of water

Reaction score
Yeah exactly,i did get two curves and when i checked with the marking scheme, it says that the first line (at lower temp) has a steeper gradient and vice versa while i got the oppposite. Is the transition temp around 49C?? Plus all my solubilities were above 100! Is that corrct??
this is my graph.. u rely havin troubl wit tat qustn ha..hope it hlps!!

Attachments

• 303020_560311050676072_1935702232_n.jpg
    303020_560311050676072_1935702232_n.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 67
Reaction score
MJ 2011 52 can any one check if my solution is correct?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
this is my graph.. u rely havin troubl wit tat qustn ha..hope it hlps!!
Omg,thankyou soo much!!! Turns out my coordinates were correct,i just drew curves instead of lines! :/
Yes,i was really stressed out after doing this qn! Really helped! Thanks again! :)

Reaction score
is t
Expt has to be commenced on a given temp say 30*C for expt 1
u set the temp of a water bath
u place the conical flask in water with mixture u measure temp and start stopwatch when 30*C hits
at this point temp of water in bath = mixture of solution in flask as they are in equilibrium (zeroth law)
if u start stopwatch before 30*C hits u measure rate for x-30*C
now tell me which part is unclear!
is thermometer to be placed in water bath or conical flask