• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 6 Physics

Reaction score
The paper was easy. Though in 61, the first question 1, last part.. what did you all write? I wrote take two rulers and measure the horizontal distance, and that they should be equal.
Also, what did you all write for the last question in the light experiment. I wrote possible errors are- pins may not be vertical, and parallex error may occur while measuring the angle.
And for question 5. The current in a 1.5V circuit should be 0.12V right? And the area of the keyboard must me 0.07 meter squared.
How did the rest of you do?

Reaction score
Ashique said:
The paper was easy. Though in 61, the first question 1, last part.. what did you all write? I wrote take two rulers and measure the horizontal distance, and that they should be equal.
Also, what did you all write for the last question in the light experiment. I wrote possible errors are- pins may not be vertical, and parallex error may occur while measuring the angle.
And for question 5. The current in a 1.5V circuit should be 0.12V right? And the area of the keyboard must me 0.07 meter squared.
How did the rest of you do?

No discussion before 24 hrs please.
Be patient , its for your good.

Reaction score
yeah, for the first question I did the same, I chose 0.12 A, for the keyboard question I chose 0.70 m2, for the cup question I chose 100 cm3, for the flask circumference i chose 23, I hope they are right. :) , Im sure they are, best exam ever, easier than the bio.

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
yeah, for the first question I did the same, I chose 0.12 A, for the keyboard question I chose 0.70 m2, for the cup question I chose 100 cm3, for the flask circumference i chose 23, I hope they are right. :) , Im sure they are, best exam ever, easier than the bio.

For the keyboard one , it's not rational to think it can be 0.70m. My keyboard is 20 cm in width and 40 cm in length roughly. so it's area would be 800 cm or 0.8 m.

Regarding the cup. I got a very small cup here with a 7.5 cm height and a 7 cm diameter. so the volume would be pi x 3.5^2 x 7.5 = 289 cm^3 approx. 100 cm would be a very very small cup. 1000 cm seems way more realistic ;p.

The circumference is on the spot though.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Cozmo35d said:

For the keyboard one , it's not rational to think it can be 0.70m. My keyboard is 20 cm in width and 40 cm in length roughly. so it's area would be 800 cm or 0.8 m.

Regarding the cup. I got a very small cup here with a 7.5 cm height and a 7 cm diameter. so the volume would be pi x 3.5^2 x 7.5 = 289 cm^3 approx. 100 cm would be a very very small cup. 1000 cm seems way more realistic ;p.

The circumference is on the spot though.

I disagree.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
I disagree.

Provide reasoning ;p.

I think the cup thing might be inclined towards a smaller cup since i recall it saying coffee cup. and googling Coffee cups i see they're rather small. So 100 cm might be on the spot. But the keyboard one has no leeway ;>.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
DowntownCrew said:
I disagree.

Provide reasoning ;p.

I think the cup thing might be inclined towards a smaller cup since i recall it saying coffee cup. and googling Coffee cups i see they're rather small. So 100 cm might be on the spot. But the keyboard one has no leeway ;>.

I'm not sure if we can discuss yet ... but the keyboard one is wrong , FOR SURE..

Reaction score
guys ... i also want to discuss my answers now,but its not allowed . please wait till tommorrow morning

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
unplugged said:
I'm not sure if we can discuss yet ... but the keyboard one is wrong , FOR SURE..

Just measure your own keyboard mate :p. I'm not grabbing things out of thin air , just simply observation of a common keyboard x).

Reaction score
unplugged said:
DowntownCrew said:
unplugged said:

Just measure your own keyboard mate :p. I'm not grabbing things out of thin air , just simply observation of a common keyboard x).

Bro , my laptop keyboard is 20 cm x 40 cm ... when they say keyboard it means a keyboard of desktop computer , not laptop , and desktop computer keyboard can be 20 cm wide but 70 cm in length.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Bro , my laptop keyboard is 20 cm x 40 cm ... when they say keyboard it means a keyboard of desktop computer , not laptop , and desktop computer keyboard can be 20 cm wide but 70 cm in length.

Sure , i measured my desktop keyboard. if your desktop keyboard is 20 x 70 then it's area is 1400 cm or 1.4m which is closer to 0.7m than to 0.07m. what's confusing about this.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
DowntownCrew said:

Sure , i measured my desktop keyboard. if your desktop keyboard is 20 x 70 then it's area is 1400 cm or 1.4m which is closer to 0.7m than to 0.07m. what's confusing about this.

I think we didn't understand each other , we are on the same page :D

Reaction score
What did you use as something observable other than resistance to indicate a rise in temperature of the filaments.

Reaction score
Key boards.... lets say ur keyboard has a width of 40 cm... and 15 as its length , area = 600 cm^2

divide that by 100.... u get 6m^2
which was the closest to 7m^2
well i hope am right....

Reaction score
haha well , everyone is done with their exams now to be honest :p. I remember the old time for discussion being 3 hours or so. i think 24 is a bit pushing it and if we're in violation , i'm sure a moderator will inform us.