• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 6 Physics

Reaction score
haha , how did u guys draw the power source , as in the question it says using conventional symbols...... are we supposed to draw it the same as its given or like a battery ?

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
haha , how did u guys draw the power source , as in the question it says using conventional symbols...... are we supposed to draw it the same as its given or like a battery ?

Did it the same as it was given since he said it was just rearranged. And a battery is a battery and a power source can be an outlet.
The only part of that, that i'm not sure about is whether you should draw an empty parallel route where lamp 2 used to be.

Reaction score
even though exam was easy, i lost some marks for not reading properly , first question i wrote distance = 4 , i didnt read they wanted to the corner.... i just measured to the circle.....
and am not sure about this one but for some reason in the ray diagram question i didnt get equal amounts for incidence and reflection... dunno if its a mistake or its supposed to be like that... since the following error talks to you about errors...

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
even though exam was easy, i lost some marks for not reading properly , first question i wrote distance = 4 , i didnt read they wanted to the corner.... i just measured to the circle.....
and am not sure about this one but for some reason in the ray diagram question i didnt get equal amounts for incidence and reflection... dunno if its a mistake or its supposed to be like that... since the following error talks to you about errors...

Yea , didin't get equal incidence and reflection. also , what circle in the first question o_O?. it was connect the letters to the appropriate marks and then estimate the center of mass and connect it to the right angle side. I think i got something along the line 4.3.

Reaction score
Ashique said:
What about the light experiment, what are the two possible errors?
I wrote
1) Parallex error while taking angle measurments.
2) Pins not vertical.

Is it right?

the first one seems cool , i did the same. the second one i added that they were observing the top and not the base , but i think saying it implies that they were looking at the top.

Reaction score
did you do a circle then in the first question?. I don't recall any circle drawing implied.

Reaction score
Ashique said:
Ahmooosh said:
Key boards.... lets say ur keyboard has a width of 40 cm... and 15 as its length , area = 600 cm^2

divide that by 100.... u get 6m^2
which was the closest to 7m^2
well i hope am right....

Nope, wrong mate. You have to divide 600 cm^2 by 100*100.
Or you could try converting your original length to meters so giving us 0.15 cm and 0.4 cm. Multiplying them will give us 0.06. So answer has to be 0.07.
mm , you have a point. there are 10,000 cm squared in a meter squared.

Reaction score
Guys think of it, for it to be 1 m2, it should be 1 meter in width and length, now look at your keyboard dont you think it's 0.7 m2, because it just needs a little bigger size and becomes 1 m2, but if it was 0.07 m2 then you need more than 12 keyboards to make 1 m2 out of all of them which is unlikely.

Reaction score
Well , what i meant was , that the whole argument for them not being vertical has to include the students not looking at the base since if they were then the point is moot as they would get accurate results. And yea , darkened room seems irrelevant as there's no mention of a light source so the whole room would be pitch black ;p.

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
Guys think of it, for it to be 1 m2, it should be 1 meter in width and length, now look at your keyboard dont you think it's 0.7 m2, because it just needs a little bigger size and becomes 1 m2, but if it was 0.07 m2 then you need more than 12 keyboards to make 1 m2 out of all of them which is unlikely.
It's not that difficult. 40 cm width , 20 cm height. convert them to meters you get 0.4 x 0.2 = 0.08. If you didn't know that you can't convert between cm^2 and meter^2 the same way you do cm to meter you get it wrong. That was probably the whole point.

Reaction score
By the way , the last bit of the first question. I don't think he was asking how to detect if this thing happened , i think he was saying how to prevent it. AKA making sure the bob never moves there. I suppose you could say clamping it or waiting for it to stop moving before taking a measurement.

Reaction score
The Keyboard question is most DEFINITELY 0.07, I actually measured it myself during the exam.
Put my hands out in the shape of a keyboard, and got 45 cm Wide, and 15 cm length, convert to meters, thats 0.45 and 0.15
Now imagine the keyboard is a rectangle, area of rectangle = l x b
so, 0.45 x 0.15 is 0.06 something, therefore the answer is 0.07

Reaction score
Yea , it is.
Anyhow , what about the circuit. Did you draw all 3 in a series alone or did you draw the parallel empty wire as well.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Cozmo35d said:
It's not that difficult. 40 cm width , 20 cm height. convert them to meters you get 0.4 x 0.2 = 0.08. If you didn't know that you can't convert between cm^2 and meter^2 the same way you do cm to meter you get it wrong. That was probably the whole point.
Omg, you're right, I just lost 1 mark :( , I think Im gonna cry now . *crys*

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Yea , it is.
Anyhow , what about the circuit. Did you draw all 3 in a series alone or did you draw the parallel empty wire as well.
I kept that line empty and drew all lamps at the bottom.

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
unplugged said:
Yea , it is.
I kept that line empty and drew all lamps at the bottom.

+ the ammeter yea :p?

Reaction score
Mine was

-------------- V -----------------
| |
-----POWER SOURCE -------
| |
| |
---- L ---- L ----- A ----------
V = Voltmeter
L = Lamp
A = Ammeter

Reaction score
Also , what did you mention the other reason for observing the filament heating up besides the resistance was?