• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 6 Physics

Reaction score
niassu said:
what was the choices for the 1.5v ? I've done it 0.12 A
yea , that's right. 1.5/0.12 = 12.5 ohm resistor. but the other one is 1.5/12 = 0.125 which is extremely low resistance for a bulb.

Reaction score
Yes 0.12 Is correct, Well it wont short circuit. But i dont think theyll take a mark off eitherway. There very lenient actually. And the shadow was the closest i could come up with. There was no other way... Actually there is loads of answers ranging from simple to very complex. We can't say if its right or wrong, Maximum i would lose hopefully is 4 marks including one for a bad curve. It wasnt bad, it was just not perfect. And lets say the shadow is wrong, And the ray thing was wrong.. Thats 3. For the Circuit one, last question. I wrote because the ammeter values changed whilst voltage stayed the same. That was a guess, But hey maybe its right. Hopefully 0 mistakes. Maximum 4 inshalla:D Hope everyone did well. Now focus on other subjects

Reaction score
Nope its 0.12. IM SURE. Btw the rearange into parallel. I AM 100% SURE THEY WONT TAKE A MARK OFF EITHER WAY. Because if they gave us series. and said rearange to paralell? We always ADD a wire, So if we remove one now. No problem

Reaction score
well , my values maybe wrong. Maybe it was 0.12 12 120. But i think 1.8 resistance is low still.
I honestly just can't remember. But i remember not fussing about it , so it's likely that 1.2 wasn't an answer ;p.

Reaction score
Guys what did you do in the last q in q3 ?? i ve written when the resistance changes,the current is affected so the ammeter reading will be changed also the brightness will be different..I have chosen 100 cm3 for coffee cup , 23 cm for circumference of 250 cm3 beaker,0.7 m2 for keyboard(which is wrong),1.5 cm for test tube and i donnot remember the last one :D for the accuracy i ve written that the mirror is not prepend. on the bench and there was much light in the room !!

Reaction score
PAPER 6 WENT COOL. HOPE IT WAS GROOVY FOR ALL OTHRS. FOR THE PIN QUESTION THE ANSWERS I WROTE WERE.
1. pins may not be vertical.
2. smaller pin spacing.
i knew the logic of parallax error bt wsnt sure where exactly this wud b used.

Reaction score
Alright , discussion allowed ?!

unplugged and .. ahmoosh I think ... THOSE who said the answer for keyboard is 0.07 - YOU ARE RIGHT! ... I made mistake.
And the guy who imagined a keyboard with his hands on table - crazy but perfect , you did a good job.I hope the surrounding candidates were not looking at you , but who cares you scored your marks :D

It was an easy paper , I'm expecting 36-37 , although the only mistake I found till now is keyboard , rest is okay.
Can someone tell me about resistance diagram ? I just rearranged to parallel , can someone draw or illustrate somehow please ?!
And yeah , in question number one I get 4.3 cm .. I don't remember did they mention cm or mm in question , 4.3 cm = 43 mm so both would be accepted if they DIDN'T mention it.

The rest was easy.

Reaction score
paper 6 was some kind easy :D

anyway, last question i had 2 wrong :S

the coffe cup is 10cm cube and the keyboard is 0.07m square
the rest was all good xD

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:

the rest was all good xD

You sure about coffee cup ?

And please , can you tell me did they mention in first question the answer should be in cm or mm ... cuz I'm affraid of not getting marks becuz of that.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
c00ldodo said:

the rest was all good xD

And please , can you tell me did they mention in first question the answer should be in cm or mm ... cuz I'm affraid of not getting marks becuz of that.
yess
i am sure,I made it wrong though, I though it was like a mug so made it 100cm^3. Ill explain shortly. The coffe cup is so small that it's diameter is something like 2cm, It's impossible to be 100cm^3 hence it's 10

and fo your question do u mean first question in the exam or the last page :O ? :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
c00ldodo said:

the rest was all good xD

yess
i am sure,I made it wrong though, I though it was like a mug so made it 100cm^3. Ill explain shortly. The coffe cup is so small that it's diameter is something like 2cm, It's impossible to be 100cm^3 hence it's 10

and fo your question do u mean first question in the exam or the last page :O ? :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
yess

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?[/quote]

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
yess

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm[/quote]

Actually does it MUST be in cm or it can be in mm too (4.3cm=43mm) ? I get 4.3 like others here and probably they will accept 4.4 , so 4.0 comes wrong.How did you get that ? -.-'

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
yess

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm

Actually does it MUST be in cm or it can be in mm too (4.3cm=43mm) ? I get 4.3 like others here and probably they will accept 4.4 , so 4.0 comes wrong.How did you get that ? -.-'[/quote]
lol ??? 4.0 isnt wrong
there is a range dude, 0.1 is impossible to be the range, plus my friends here also have around 4.1-4.6 so yea