• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

People out there......please read this. It's a sad story about my chemistry practicals.

Reaction score
Nope, god just sits there and laughs at me, fate spits in my face.
But I did paper 12 and 22 good, and Im sure i can get SOME marks in this paper.........
Just last year, I messed up my whole ion test question and did my p1 and p2 well. At the end, I got A (92) for AS level, with 2 As in p1 and p2, but a D in p3. So, don't worry ;)

Jaf

Reaction score
LOL what?! did you steal it ... or was he done with it XD?
Well... I think he was done. :p
Actually, I asked him (very, very quietly) if he had finished his experiment but he didn't reply (guess he didn't hear me) so I was like 'no one's watching... :LOL:'.

It would have been funnier if he had returned to redo his experiment and had found his container empty! :D Then I'd be like... :rolleyes:.

Jaf

Reaction score
Meh it was really no biggie. We were all using each other's chemicals because the containers looked all the same and I'm pretty sure they got mixed up atleast once or twice. :p

Allah is watching the cruel, cruel examiners too. Their sins are graver than mine and multiply with every session. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Well... I think he was done. :p
Actually, I asked him (very, very quietly) if he had finished his experiment but he didn't reply (guess he didn't hear me) so I was like 'no one's watching... :LOL:'.

It would have been funnier if he had returned to redo his experiment and had found his container empty! :D Then I'd be like... :rolleyes:.
OMG AAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA good job xD! We do our exams at school... and there's only four chem students.. so its like really intense, and we are spread all over the lab- cant do shit like tha!

Reaction score
Just last year, I messed up my whole ion test question and did my p1 and p2 well. At the end, I got A (92) for AS level, with 2 As in p1 and p2, but a D in p3. So, don't worry ;)
It wasn't THAT bad. As it turns out, the values I randomly put in are around the same my friends did. XD.

Reaction score
no, you are allowed to get more chemicals they just have to note it down on your paper that you asked for more.
Doggybros
Also, I had a similar practical, it was 33 though.. I basically put the wrong solution in the burette.. wasted it all cause I titrated aganst it... so I finished two solutions incorrectly ..then on of my solutions refulsed to dissolve the solute... then I diluted it way past the dilution point and then the next titration wouldnt work either.. and so I got really unnerved and made up all the titration values, and the salt analysis shit wasnt making sense cause I felt like I would just screw up more.. and then time was up.....and my paper was basically empty.
That's basically what happened with me, except that I did a little thinking of my own and put in my own values, today I contacted my friend and it turns out the values are close!

Reaction score
Don't worry man. It's okay. Be careful next time (hopefully there won't have to be a next time).

I remember I ran out of a chemical in one experiment in 31 when I was redoing it to check my answer (yes, I had enough time!) and instead of causing a commotion in the hall I took the chemical of the guy beside me. :p
Around half the people who took the exam had the same problem as mine (but they leaked only a bit, around 10%-20% so no big deal for them). And I din't really cause a great commotion or something. But I was near blind with rage and fear, I'm just glad I didnt smash the burette in rage.

Reaction score
I did paper 34 yesterday.
For the first titration, I was super fast. I had already completed four titrations and gotten two values close to each other, while others were struggling with their second titration. But fate played a cruel trick on me. I was soooo happy I had finished the first one so fast and i decided to go on my second, with the same enthusiasm. While I was heating the required solution, I decided it would be a good idea to keep another flask filled, and heat it while I did the titration to save some time. I did that, and I started to write down some answers related to the first titration. I totally forgot about filling the burette with the potassium manganate or whatever it was, and the temperature had already risen to 85 degrees when I realized this.
So I hurried to fill my burette with the pink chemical. I poured and poured, panicking like anything, and started to wonder (when the beaker was half empty) why the burette was not filling up. I realized just then that the burette tap was open! IT WAS OPEN AND I HAD LEAKED AROUND 75% OF MY CHEMICAL!!!!!! The guy there told me I couldn't get any more. I still had enough chemical to do two titrations, and I took the flask, which was boiling hot to a hundred degrees by this time, and titrated with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!! I should've thrown it away! It went to a brown colour, and had to be discarded. I still could do one more, I thought as I took the flask off at 80 degrees exactly this time and started to titrate. As I was halfway through, I looked at the burette once.
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, GOD???? I ASKED!!!!!
I had totally forgotten to fill the burette to the zero mark, or take the reading of the burette before I titrated, after I finished (or rather, spoiled) my last one. This one was gone too..............................
Are you still reading? Do you sympathize with me? I know you do.......:cry:
WHY DONT YOU SEND A COMPLAINT TO THE CIE VIA EMAIL ? DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
man dont worry as ur paper 2 was good thats oki
some candidates in ma center had u in ptractical still thy could get B grade its jst a 20% of the syllabus dont worry n pray to allah