• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

People out there......please read this. It's a sad story about my chemistry practicals.

Reaction score
I did paper 34 yesterday.
For the first titration, I was super fast. I had already completed four titrations and gotten two values close to each other, while others were struggling with their second titration. But fate played a cruel trick on me. I was soooo happy I had finished the first one so fast and i decided to go on my second, with the same enthusiasm. While I was heating the required solution, I decided it would be a good idea to keep another flask filled, and heat it while I did the titration to save some time. I did that, and I started to write down some answers related to the first titration. I totally forgot about filling the burette with the potassium manganate or whatever it was, and the temperature had already risen to 85 degrees when I realized this.
So I hurried to fill my burette with the pink chemical. I poured and poured, panicking like anything, and started to wonder (when the beaker was half empty) why the burette was not filling up. I realized just then that the burette tap was open! IT WAS OPEN AND I HAD LEAKED AROUND 75% OF MY CHEMICAL!!!!!! The guy there told me I couldn't get any more. I still had enough chemical to do two titrations, and I took the flask, which was boiling hot to a hundred degrees by this time, and titrated with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!! I should've thrown it away! It went to a brown colour, and had to be discarded. I still could do one more, I thought as I took the flask off at 80 degrees exactly this time and started to titrate. As I was halfway through, I looked at the burette once.
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, GOD???? I ASKED!!!!!
I had totally forgotten to fill the burette to the zero mark, or take the reading of the burette before I titrated, after I finished (or rather, spoiled) my last one. This one was gone too..............................
Are you still reading? Do you sympathize with me? I know you do.......:cry:

Reaction score
they didnt gave u extra chemicals?? what did u pay for then? what kinda teacher is that....i used like more than 400 percent of the provided chemical..in chem 33

Reaction score
they didnt gave u extra chemicals?? what did u pay for then? what kinda teacher is that....i used like more than 400 percent of the provided chemical..in chem 33
Seriously?? Uk that one of the practical rules is that u r not allowed to get more chemicals if urs r finished! :s

Reaction score
Seriously?? Uk that one of the practical rules is that u r not allowed to get more chemicals if urs r finished! :s
:eek:
i had a doubt in one of my readings, and i asked them for more...they gave me

Reaction score
man i used a lot of chemical in 32.. they finished their chemical and had to make again.. the guy was just scaring u off....
I have read it in xtremepapers somewhere before that u r not allowed to ask for more chemicals and here in my center u r not allowed to have more chemicals than the amount u have too...

Reaction score
I have read it in xtremepapers somewhere before that u r not allowed to ask for more chemicals and here in my center u r not allowed to have more chemicals than the amount u have too...

then what they gave u in the start would have been enough... for us they gave us starting for like 2 exp where as we had to take 5 exp readings

Reaction score
Well .. at my centre they were filling the solutions like after every hour...
and i also dropped some of FA5 (powder) and had to ask for it.. and they gave me the required amount..
but still my paper was not gud enuf!! :((n)

Reaction score
I did paper 34 yesterday.
For the first titration, I was super fast. I had already completed four titrations and gotten two values close to each other, while others were struggling with their second titration. But fate played a cruel trick on me. I was soooo happy I had finished the first one so fast and i decided to go on my second, with the same enthusiasm. While I was heating the required solution, I decided it would be a good idea to keep another flask filled, and heat it while I did the titration to save some time. I did that, and I started to write down some answers related to the first titration. I totally forgot about filling the burette with the potassium manganate or whatever it was, and the temperature had already risen to 85 degrees when I realized this.
So I hurried to fill my burette with the pink chemical. I poured and poured, panicking like anything, and started to wonder (when the beaker was half empty) why the burette was not filling up. I realized just then that the burette tap was open! IT WAS OPEN AND I HAD LEAKED AROUND 75% OF MY CHEMICAL!!!!!! The guy there told me I couldn't get any more. I still had enough chemical to do two titrations, and I took the flask, which was boiling hot to a hundred degrees by this time, and titrated with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!! I should've thrown it away! It went to a brown colour, and had to be discarded. I still could do one more, I thought as I took the flask off at 80 degrees exactly this time and started to titrate. As I was halfway through, I looked at the burette once.
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, GOD???? I ASKED!!!!!
I had totally forgotten to fill the burette to the zero mark, or take the reading of the burette before I titrated, after I finished (or rather, spoiled) my last one. This one was gone too..............................
Are you still reading? Do you sympathize with me? I know you do.......:cry:

and what abt question 2?

Reaction score
nahh...they gve u the required chemicals when u ask...
myn 2 0r 3 chemicals were finished..and asked my invilgilators to gimme..and they bought it..:/