• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

percentage to get an A in eng??

Reaction score
what is the min percentage for A in english...how many marks can we lose???

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Grade A* - 80%+ overall plus 90%+ in A2 units
Grade A - 80%+
Grade B - 70% - 79%
Grade C - 60% - 69%
Grade D - 50% - 59%
Grade E - 40% - 49%

Reaction score
i once herad that for languages u need 75% to get an A...isnt it???

Reaction score
Grade A* - 80%+ overall plus 90%+ in A2 units

what does this mean ?

Reaction score
People u r wrong. Probably itsa misconception that 80 plus is A. In cambridge A is generally based around 70%. If you dont believe you can go and download the grade threshold.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Now that's more confusing (to other members).
Grade threshold is based upon paper's difficulty level and average response from candidate's.
The grading system is upon percentage of that threshold so its an A on 80% but doesn't needs to be 80% of total marks.
Clear?

Reaction score
Oh my god..my english exam was preety bad..worst was the comprehension. I made so silly mistakes like tailed off-changed,tension-worry..and to my stupidy i left out the last question because i overlooked it. Please people pray for me. Its only prayers that can now make me grab an A.

Reaction score
90 is A*
80 IS A
THEY WILL USE PERCENTILE DUN WORRY THEN
IN GEOGRAPHY I DINT ATTEMPT 6 MARK QUESTION IN 2009 STILL GOT A OVERALL

Reaction score
0k then what is the minimum percentage of the total marks that is required to get an A? I know it fluctuates over the years ( depending on the candidates around) but in what percentage of the total marks A is generally based around in english?

Reaction score
Zohaib Sherazi said:
Oh, just one correction has to be made in it. it's from 80 to 90. Well, have you got the mail from CIE? Everything about marking has been explained in that.