• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Percentile Grading System

Reaction score
Hey @bikermicefrmars what did u ask the CIE in your mail i mean the questions.

Reaction score
I asked them whether the percentile system is alive or not? And what are the grade thresholds of May/June 2010 session for Islamiyat and Pk.st!

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like they dont want to tell about their secret grading policy involving percentile as they want students to do good in their exams and give an extra effort thinking that percentile is not alive.

Well what do you guys say should i ask them about it and what questions should i ask or is it even worth askin after looking at the reply our friend recieved.....

Reaction score
Well, even though their reply was vague, but it is evident that some sorta percentile system does exist. So chill guys,!

Reaction score
I still think that the percentile system has been abolished. If it did exist, then why aren't they printing the percentages on the Statement of Results?
And when are the grade thresholds of the Oct/Nov 2010 session being released?

Reaction score
I dont think they have ever been released apart from the 2004 paper of pk.st?

Are the grade thresholds of any year available? if yes, tell me guys:)!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!!

well percenile system is still there!!!

the document says
The percentage uniform mark is not the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper, since it depends on the position of the grade thresholds (which may vary from one session to another and from one subject to another) and it has been converted into a percentage. The percentage uniform mark will always be calculated out of 100

Still confusions or????

Reaction score
Asslamoalaikum!
@Math_angel, that's what I said! The percentile system has been replaced by the Percentage system!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Waalaikumassalam!!

@Shahroz95, Well it isn't replaced..thresholds and everything is still there...actually percentile is used to set grade thresholds!! and then based on it Percentage uniform marks will be calculated...so basically we can saw percentage uniform marks and percentile is same!!

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Waalaikumassalam!!

@Shahroz95, Well it isn't replaced..thresholds and everything is still there...actually percentile is used to set grade thresholds!! and then based on it Percentage uniform marks will be calculated...so basically we can saw percentage uniform marks and percentile is same!!
I really don't understand the grading system of CIE !! :(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well...dont worry abt it anymore!! study well...and relax...nthng's changed...just an additional opportunity for students to know where they are...i mean A* is 90 + ...so if students rcv 90....they are an A* in the beginning...but if they get 100..or 97...they have done an excellent performance :p

Reaction score
SEE some people just love making others crazy by telling that this and that ,im not blaming anyone here.BUT THE GUY OF CIE ON @Shahroz95 FB account.

Reaction score
GO on the first page Math angel,oh yeah i forgot i and you dont have a fb account but i looked at it through my cousins account.
Let me Quote what he said:
·

British Council-Pakistan Hi,

The Cambridge International Examination Board ( CIE ) has introduced a new grading system known as Uniform percentage mark.

However, the percentile system is no longer functional.

So what do you make of this??????????

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
obviously this sounds ------ :x but i believe what the official doc says!