• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Percentile Grading System

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum.
For those of you who say that the percentile system is still intact, here's the proof that it isn't :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44033297021

You'll need to go down the page where my post is, (You'll need to join the group to see the British Council's reply). The British Council has replied that the percentile system is no longer working and the percentage system has been introduced.
If anyone disagrees with me, he/she can send an e-mail to the British Council and ask them himself/herself.

Reaction score
this cant be correct it should not be its going to be nooooooooo.

I still dont believe in it i want proof that percentile is removed and what is this new grading system and how it works now......

Reaction score
Okay, scouserlfc. You'll need to contact the British Council to confirm what I wrote. You can either call them on their toll free number :
- 0800-22000 (within Pakistan only from Mondays to Thursdays 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and on Friday 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.),
or send an e-mail to them on the following address:
[email protected]

If you don't get a satisfactory result, then call upon the CIE or send them an e-mail. Or if you live in Islamabad, then you can simply go to their head office and ask their customer service.

Reaction score
Well have you done all this or u think that the guy on ur facebook is correct.

Reaction score
Lets see the result i think theyll give you a reply in just 3 or four hours as they are 5 hours less then our time.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
this cant be correct it should not be its going to be nooooooooo.

I still dont believe in it i want proof that percentile is removed and what is this new grading system and how it works now......
one of my teacher told me that te percentile system has not been removed but has been altered and enhanced
SOTHE PERCENTILE STILL LIVES only there is the addition of A*

Reaction score
I received there reply. It stated that they have received my mail and will reply it within 3 working days:(!

Reaction score
PLEASE WHEN YOU GET THE REPLY QUOTE THEIR EXACT WORDS HERE ON THIS POST.THANKS//

Reaction score
Their reply :

Dear Enquirer

Thank you for writing to the British Council Information Centre.

Please refer to the attached document 'A Guide to additional results reporting June 2010' prepared by the Cambridge International Examination board for information on Grade A*/A, percentage uniform marks and grading scale as required by you.

I hope you will find this guide helpful regarding your query.

Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to write back.

Reaction score
Well @bikermicefrmars what did you ask them, this doesnt tell anything about percentile but since in FAQ one question is that if a person scores full marks has he scored 100% marks? the answer is that no its really necessary this confirms that percentile is their i guess what do you think people.. :mrgreen:

yeah thats what i wanna confirm @salmanpakrocks.

Reaction score
First let me see what @bikermicefrmars wrote so that i dont ask them this question again.