• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Petition Requesting CIE To Re-Check And Re-Grade AS And A Level Papers (Please Sign)

Reaction score
ok please tell me how to apply for a recheck shoud i go to my skool or what
You can apply for recheck either through school or through British Council....... If you apply through school then contact your school's exam officer or else directly go to the British council and contact them - they will tell you the procedure for recheck........ And while sending your papers, apply for the one which says they will send you a copy of your marked scripts - so that you can evaluate for yourself whether or not your marks were justified......... Best of luck!

Reaction score
thanx man will do i =f my grades improve hopefully but like wat shoiuld we do i n the current situation

Reaction score
Neither am I saying to forget about it nor to drop the hope from rechecking, I am just thinking on different lines like What If it brings no good then what? We have to act smart here my dear fellows, don't take me wrong. Nothing will be as good if they improve our grades but do think about that if not.
Well i just hope in the end we all get the marks we deserve.

Reaction score
thanx man will do i =f my grades improve hopefully but like wat shoiuld we do i n the current situation
what was your predicted grade? If your grade is well short of the predicted grade which your school submitted then they are forced to allow you to apply for recheck :)

Reaction score
This is exactly why i signed the petition because the marks seem unfair i scored nearly full on the chem practicals and did reasonably well with paper 1 and the same with paper 2..... I ended up with an ungraded paper....why? I dont know...

How sure are you?

Reaction score
I do not understand at all why everyone is making a fuss. CIE is not so stupid to do such a thing to students. They must have their own reasons and of you follow up.. universities have also begun accepting students with grades below B's so I do not think we should be complaining so much about this.

Reaction score
Even if you complete this petition, CIE examiners would never in their right minds re-grade your papers. Move on, guys.
It would atleast get us a statement on the grades. When 100 studients complain about recieving grades they did not expect.

Reaction score
Sure enough to know that dose'nt warrant a U in chem the least i expected and 6 of my friends expected was a C but my entire class has recieved a U

Youre not the only school to go through such a phase. Even the students at my school received U's they aren't complaining about it because they know they have to work harder and focus on retakes now. Not begging CIE to review the papers again or ask for anything because it is highly likely they won't do such a thing. Ove 2 million people must have taken this exam just imagine how the rest are feeling. You should just send a request from your SCHOOL to recheck the papers if it makes such an impact on you and see what grades you receive after.

Reaction score
There is a difference between begging and protesting. Thats the whole idea behind a petition furthermore yes we as indivudials will decide for ourselves what actions we shall take. If you do not wish to join this petition i request that you stop advising against it. This petition is only for people who believe that some good may come of it. thank you.
Youre not the only school to go through such a phase. Even the students at my school received U's they aren't complaining about it because they know they have to work harder and focus on retakes now. Not begging CIE to review the papers again or ask for anything because it is highly likely they won't do such a thing. Ove 2 million people must have taken this exam just imagine how the rest are feeling. You should just send a request from your SCHOOL to recheck the papers if it makes such an impact on you and see what grades you receive after.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just remembered something! When I gave my O levels back in October 2011, everyone of our school received a U. Our exam officer and British council contacted CIE......... Then after 2 weeks we all received our result! And my grade turned from U U to an astonishing 97% and 98% and none of the students of our class got below B! Sometimes, CIE accidentally sends wrong results to some centers, if everyone in your center gets U in all subjects then there might be something fishy! Otherwise recheck and retakes are the only alternative

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just remembered something! When I gave my O levels back in October 2011, everyone of our school received a U. Our exam officer and British council contacted CIE......... Then after 2 weeks we all received our result! And my grade turned from U U to an astonishing 97% and 98% and none of the students of our class got below B! Sometimes, CIE accidentally sends wrong results to some centers, if everyone in your center gets U in all subjects then there might be something fishy! Otherwise recheck and retakes are the only alternative

iz thz true bro???

Reaction score
iz thz true bro???
ya, some got ungraded, some got X and some got Q. When British council contacted CIE they said it was due to an error and we will get our results after 2 weeks! This happened in two other schools of my city, Chittagong. CIE eventually gave the result after 2 weeks