• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 11, Discussions, views and rages here ;)

Reaction score
I don't understand y u ppl still discussing the Exam....ppl Forget it ,nothing will help, the exam is over and there is nothing to change...whether u did good or bad...the only way to know is to wait for the results...so forget everything about PHYSICS and ENJOY THE SUMMER....and btw, half of the questions discussed here i couldn't remember that they came anyway..or i cant remember what i answered..the only thing i remember is that am FREE 4m the CIE for atleast 1 and a half Months..:D

Reaction score
A balloon is rising vertically up with a velocity of 29m/s.A stone is dropped from it and it reaches the ground in 10s.The height of the balloon when the stone was dropped from it is (9 + 9.8m/s^2)

please solve this question.

Reaction score
A balloon is rising vertically up with a velocity of 29m/s.A stone is dropped from it and it reaches the ground in 10s.The height of the balloon when the stone was dropped from it is (9 + 9.8m/s^2)

Im sry...but believe me...it will be really hard for any1 to try to solve a question on physics at the moment..and if there was one, i dont think ull have a quick reply in the next few days..u may wait a while :D

Reaction score

That's not even a question lol

Reaction score
there were 2 methods for doing the pully question and for both i got 6ms-1
1st method
(120x10x9)-(80x10x90)=3600 joules
3600=0.5x200xv^2 so v will be equal to 6

2nd method
i found the acceleration as 2ms-1 (i dont wanna explain that bcuz u wun understand it if on ly u havent done mechanics)
then simply v^2=2x2x9 so v equals to 6 ms-1

please share if there r any other methods

Reaction score
i also did it thriugh mechanics and got 6.byt if we do by using physics formula K.E=P.e taking height as 9 so the anwser is coming 13.so i am confused which one is the right answer.

Reaction score
i also did it thriugh mechanics and got 6.byt if we do by using physics formula K.E=P.e taking height as 9 so the anwser is coming 13.so i am confused which one is the right answer.
the reason the conversion of ke to pe wont work is because.. that assumption only comes into play when ONLY gravity is the force acting on the object(S) the tension would mean u cant use KE to pe conversion for this question. It is 6.

Reaction score
the reason the conversion of ke to pe wont work is because.. that assumption only comes into play when ONLY gravity is the force acting on the object(S) the tension would mean u cant use KE to pe conversion for this question. It is 6.

but dude thats how i got 6ms-1
the amount of potential energy 120kg object lost subtracting that with the the amount of potential energy the 80kg object gained will give you the total amount of potential energy that is being converted to kinetic energy which would be around 3600 joules and then equal to 0.5mv^2 and i took the mass as 200.
i dont know about your statement but i got the answer right.

Reaction score
we cant use ke=pe bec u will get a constant v and it wuznt constant there wuz acceleration since there was a resultant force