• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 12 GT

what will be the expected gt

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I don't rmr that question I rmr their was one about v/2 and v something like that
What about the question in which there were 5 resistors and 2 were parallel to 1...1 was right next to the battery and 1 was somewhere else...they asked us to write the resistances of the last resistor and the one parallel to the two resistors (one if which had a resistance of 1 ohm)...I guessed 3 ohms and 2 ohms. What did u guys write)

Reaction score
What about the question in which there were 5 resistors and 2 were parallel to 1...1 was right next to the battery and 1 was somewhere else...they asked us to write the resistances of the last resistor and the one parallel to the two resistors (one if which had a resistance of 1 ohm)...I guessed 3 ohms and 2 ohms. What did u guys write)
Are you saying about in which we had to find their voltage that was 3V and 2V
No the last one was 1 neutron since its mass number increased by 1, and the k s before that was isomers
Yup last three were all C's but I'm taking about the diffraction grating one
I might have marked q
I hope its true somehow :p

Reaction score
Hey what about that strain question. The young modulus of the two objects were 5.0 Nm2- and 30.0 Nm2- I think and we had to find the total tensile stressor something

Reaction score
I marked C the 10^6 one...the answer I was getting wasn't close to any of the answer choices! It was either C or D tho cause the other two were really small values

Yeah I marked C for that one as well. For the current question, I put 0.1A, that's what I got with calculation...
Also, for the diffraction grating one, I calculated it and I got less space, so I put that and sharper image, so B. What did you guys put for the one where we had to find the resistance per unit metre of the 18m wires. I got 0.4 ohm m^-1.
How about that other electricity question where we had to find the voltage of one resistor in the parallel circuit, and one in series? I put 1 and 1.5, what about you guys?

Reaction score
Forget individual questions lol lets just hope our overalls good
Exactly :p
Hey what about that strain question. The young modulus of the two objects were 5.0 Nm2- and 30.0 Nm2- I think and we had to find the total tensile stressor something
I totally guessed D
I marked C the 10^6 one...the answer I was getting wasn't close to any of the answer choices! It was either C or D tho cause the other two were really small values
It had to be C or D. I couldn't figure out the whole calculation but the only difference was the power. C had 10^6 and D 10^9. It had to be lower when using mm. The other one was when we used m. So I think C is probably right.
Yeah I marked C for that one as well. For the current question, I put 0.1A, that's what I got with calculation...
Also, for the diffraction grating one, I calculated it and I got less space, so I put that and sharper image, so B. What did you guys put for the one where we had to find the resistance per unit metre of the 18m wires. I got 0.4 ohm m^-1.
How about that other electricity question where we had to find the voltage of one resistor in the parallel circuit, and one in series? I put 1 and 1.5, what about you guys?
For the diffraction grating, you're probably right. Less space yes, and sharper image.
Not sure about the current question, I guessed 0.9A
For the resistance of the wires I did 0.8 but I guess you're right. I thought we had to double it as they were in parallel but there wasn't any 1.6 so I just did 0.8. 0.4 does look like the right solution though
The voltage one it had to be 3V and 2V

Reaction score
Exactly :p

It had to be C or D. I couldn't figure out the whole calculation but the only difference was the power. C had 10^6 and D 10^9. It had to be lower when using mm. The other one was when we used m. So I think C is probably right.

For the diffraction grating, you're probably right. Less space yes, and sharper image.
Not sure about the current question, I guessed 0.9A
For the resistance of the wires I did 0.8 but I guess you're right. I thought we had to double it as they were in parallel but there wasn't any 1.6 so I just did 0.8. 0.4 does look like the right solution though
The voltage one it had to be 3V and 2V

I see, I see. I got 0.8 first too, but when I calculated it using a parallel circuit, I got 0.4. Why does it need to be 3v and 2v? They told us that one resistor (in parallel) had a p.d. of 1 v across it, so all components get the same p.d. in a parallel circuit, right? Also, you had to notice there was a resistor on the right side, so if the p.d.'s don't add up to 8V it's probably because the resistor takes up some voltage too.

Reaction score
What was the answer for the diffraction grating double slit question where they asked which had greater separation between fringes and which was sharper?
Diffraction grating had more separation and much sharper than double slit cuz in double slit con. interference occurs once where as in diffraction grat, it occurs multiple times (per unit time)
Keeping D the distance from source to scrn const. Normally in double slit x is in the order of mms, in diff grating, it can be the order of cms

Reaction score
I think I put 1.5 and 1

Reaction score
I see, I see. I got 0.8 first too, but when I calculated it using a parallel circuit, I got 0.4. Why does it need to be 3v and 2v? They told us that one resistor (in parallel) had a p.d. of 1 v across it, so all components get the same p.d. in a parallel circuit, right? Also, you had to notice there was a resistor on the right side, so if the p.d.'s don't add up to 8V it's probably because the resistor takes up some voltage too.
I guess I'm wrong in this one too -_-
They had to add up to 8V I think

Reaction score
Guys no need to worry about this paper at all, if you do good in papers 2 n 3 you still end up with an A cuz they take the avg of the papers ( I have a friend who messed up like 30/120 marks in IG Maths p4 and still ended up with A*)