• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
525820_187371248057106_697972629_n.jpg

Please explain!

Reaction score
I found it...
Observe the y-axis label-per THOUSAND of population, and it is the birth rate, SO 41/1000, 26/1000, 35/1000 and 18/1000...18 is the smallest indicating the least birth rate so least population growth....
It was in one of our work sheets last yr and the teacher explained it that way, and i guess it works! :)
tyvm :D
i have another question srry for may/june 1994 Q.17 and Q.40 and for Q.4 are the sepals rlly removed after fertilisation??

Reaction score
In nov 1994,qno 10 the answer is C because 2% of starch solution solution is used so more sucrose(sugar will be formed) because there is more starch compared with A!
In qno 13 the answer is definitely A.
In jun 1995,qno 17 the answer is A because 3 and 4 are molars and they r used to crush and grind food while 1 and 2 are incisors and canines.
In qno 24 yes the answer is B becoz when this side grows faster than the opposite side this causes the shoot to bend towards the light(positive phototropism).
But does that mean as the substrate concentration increases the rate of product formation increases?

Reaction score
But does that mean as the substrate concentration increases the rate of product formation increases?
Nope but the question said which tube would contaion most sugar after one day. But in general the if the concentration of the substrate increases the enzyme will have more substrate to work on so the rete will definitely decrease.

Reaction score
Yes it is right!
Ok..U knw that ovulation is the release of the egg from the ovary. When an egg is released from the ovary the amount of oestrogen increases to build up the uterus lining just in case fertiliztion occurs..along with that the amount of progesterone also increases to maintain the thickness of the uterus lining also if fertilization occurs.

Reaction score
Ok..U knw that ovulation is the release of the egg from the ovary. When an egg is released from the ovary the amount of oestrogen increases to build up the uterus lining just in case fertiliztion occurs..along with that the amount of progesterone also increases to maintain the thickness of the uterus lining also if fertilization occurs.
Oh, so we don't need to compare the graph with the diagram?
This is what I thought: As uterus lining starts to break down at week 3, the graph marks a fall in the levels of oestrogen and progesterone.

Reaction score
This is what I thought: As uterus lining starts to break down at week 3, the graph marks a fall in the levels of oestrogen and progesterone.
Well the graph is to assist you. If u notice at the time of ovulation(2 weeks) the amount of oestrogen and progesterone both increase in the graph itself :)

Reaction score
no u need the graph, u use week 2 not 3 :/, he is saying ovulation which occurs after two weeks, u dont need this explanation imnot even sure if its correct :/, because oestrogen is used to repair the lining but then when the egg is released, the follicle which released the oestrogen is turned into a corpus lateum which releases the progestrone that stops any further ovulation and maintains the health of the lining.

Reaction score
no u need the graph, u use week 2 not 3 :/, he is saying ovulation which occurs after two weeks, u dont need this explanation imnot even sure if its correct :/, because oestrogen is used to repair the lining but then when the egg is released, the follicle which released the oestrogen is turned into a corpus lateum which releases the progestrone that stops any further ovulation and maintains the health of the lining.
Well the graph is to assist you. If u notice at the time of ovulation(2 weeks) the amount of oestrogen and progesterone both increase in the graph itself :)
Ok, understood! thanks to u both!:)

Reaction score
I know my explanation is right trust me..Its from a book!