• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
tyvm :D
i have another question srry for may/june 1994 Q.17 and Q.40 and for Q.4 are the sepals rlly removed after fertilisation??
Q 17, B, as glucose is absorbed by the ileum so its conc. is max. at the hepatic portal vein..
Q 40, I asked someone before, they said C, I thunk it IS C, what do u think?
Q4, generally Yes , but I don't know for this Q. !

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok..U knw that ovulation is the release of the egg from the ovary. When an egg is released from the ovary the amount of oestrogen increases to build up the uterus lining just in case fertiliztion occurs..along with that the amount of progesterone also increases to maintain the thickness of the uterus lining also if fertilization occurs.
ok i will show u what is wrong on what u said, first of all the uterus lining is repaired by the oestrogen which is released by the follicle, the oestrogen also stimulates ovulation, and so before ovulation the lining is actually fully repaired, and u can see that from the question and u can see that after ovulation there is no further repairing as after ovulation the corpus lateum is formed this then makes progestrone and progestrone is also needed to stop further ovulation. ty

Reaction score
Q 17, B, as glucose is absorbed by the ileum so its conc. is max. at the hepatic portal vein..
Q 40, I asked someone before, they said C, I thunk it IS C, what do u think?
Q4, generally Yes , but I don't know for this Q. !
tyvm, and yes, fior Q.4 the sepal is removed and for Q.40 yea u r right, i made a stupid mistake. ty again :)

Reaction score
ok i will show u what is wrong on what u said, first of all the uterus lining is repaired by the oestrogen which is released by the follicle, the oestrogen also stimulates ovulation, and so before ovulation the lining is actually fully repaired, and u can see that from the question and u can see that after ovulation there is no further repairing as after ovulation the corpus lateum is formed this then makes progestrone and progestrone is also needed to stop further ovulation. ty
Ok ill show what is wrong in what u say..Oestrogen doesnt repairrrr the uterus lining it builds it from scratchhhh and u can c this in the graph where in the 1st week the uterus lining is being built not REPAIRED and in the same week the level of oestrogen increases!!

Reaction score
Ok ill show what is wrong in what u say..Oestrogen doesnt repairrrr the uterus lining it builds it from scratchhhh and u can c this in the graph where in the 1st week the uterus lining is being built not REPAIRED and in the same week the level of oestrogen increases!!
REPAIR=BUILD they are approx the same words, the uterus lining is broken and then it repairs it!!!! just like when u repair a car, it gets broken and u repair it, u dont build it because it already exists!!

Reaction score
19) D - the oxygen level drops in the first test tube due to the germinating seeds, causing the water level to rise.
20)D - salts and urea are carried by the blood (remember renal arteries), hormones are usually carried by blood.
38)B - You have to learn the phases.
thz, they're difficult/imp qns, i got 1 wrong:)

Reaction score
Well here B & C make no sense
The loss of energy is not just due to respiration so it's D As by 4th trophic level most of the enrgy will be lost..
hey, loss of energy is due to respiration, i guess...but it's not a 'result' as dey're askin, so D is ryt
notify if im rong