• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
question 31 --> I've got the same doubt too (n)
question 32 --> when the switch is open as u know the capacitor STORES electric charge so will still give out the stored electric charge even after the switch is open and the battery too it gives out voltage as it is the SOURCE of the voltage through out the circuit BUT the resistor doesn't store and is not the source of anything that's y its B
question 34 --> the current (electrons) move through the copper wire not the insulation. Second, when u make it thicker the wire there will be less friction between the copper wire and the electrons so there will be less heating effect

hope that helped :D ;) (y)
thank you soo much for the help! :) jazakALLAH!

Reaction score
because the 2 resistors are connected in series , so the total resistance of both resistors will be higher than the one resistor and the three resistors connected in parallel , and current is inversely propotional to resistance , so as the resistors connected in series have the greatest resistance , they will have the least current
hope u got it
best of luck with ur exams :)
thank you sooo much! :) it really helped me :) jazakALLAH khair

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum.
Post your Physics, Chemistry and Biology doubts in here and members, along with me will try there best to help you out. :)

EDIT : im srry i meant maths and physics as im not taking bio and chem this session , really srry:oops:
lol

Reaction score
Question: (made it up but i've seen questions like 'em) so, there is trolley on a horizontal surface, it is stationary but once it is inclined it starts movin....
how does it move in terms of acceleration, speed and friction n watever else needs to be mentioned??

Reaction score
Question: (made it up but i've seen questions like 'em) so, there is trolley on a horizontal surface, it is stationary but once it is inclined it starts movin....
how does it move in terms of acceleration, speed and friction n watever else needs to be mentioned??
i think acceleration is constant and speed increases uniformly and abt friction im nt so sure...:p

Reaction score
i think acceleration is constant and speed increases uniformly and abt friction im nt so sure...:p
it says it moves with constant speed wen inclined in some pst ppr i dont know da year srry ;D
thanx anyways

Reaction score
hyiii...........can some 1 help me wid mano meter nd baro meter physics???
im blank in it.....ASAP

Reaction score
because u cannot connect the voltmeter with anything else in series ( cuz it has high resistance)
but like this it will measure the voltage of the lamp and the resistor and the question asks us to read the potential difference across the lamp:confused:
THANKS

Reaction score
Well Q1 cause you dont need a large cylinder simple :p i mean if you have a normal sized measuring cylinder you just add water and measure the volume difference any volume of water can measure the volume not neccesarly to be large volume of water

Q3 because the car is still accelerating and it is at the slowest speed
Q 5 because they need to be equal so the object is at equilabriem clockwise moment = anti clock wise moment so same distance so the force must be equal or weight if x is larger it will fall because the anti clock wise moment is more than the clockwise moment

q8 Because for object to be at equilabream opposite forces must be equal
q14 Because all Particle move solid they vibrate in their position liquid they slide past each other gas and liquid (brownian motion)

q16 Because the first diagram shows gas particle and then they fell and became closer to each other so it became a liquid if it became solid they would be arranged and closer to each others
q17 because more thermal capacity means its not willing to lose or gain heat fast Less thermal capacity Gains and loses heat faster
q26 idk why but i just know it :p cant explain
q39 in the nucleas there is only protons and neutrons so its c :)

THANK U V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.V.VERY MUCH

Reaction score
what does this sentence mean "the 2 Ω resistor is shorted out with a thick piece of wire" ??????

Reaction score
A very simple question from me... What is the difference between evaporation and crystallisation... What does one method offer that the other does not? I'm posing this question because both methods of separation seem to satisfy the same objective: extracting a dissolved substance from a solution...
crystallisation is evaporatin da solution until crystals r formed. evaporation is completely evaporatin. crystallisation is used wen formin crystals of a hydrated salt have to b formed

Reaction score
PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBTS IN PHYSICS
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w09_qp_12.pdf
question 18- y the answer is a?
question 27 answer is d why? and what does ferrous mean?
question 29 the answer is A but i thought its D y is D wrong? :/
question 36 the answer is D well how to find this out?

I dunno about Q18.
For question 27 it's D because copper is not ferrous, meaning it cannot be magnetized easily since it contains no iron.
For 29 the answer is not D because the batteries are not connected in parallel. There side by side, not one over each other. It's A as it is a series circuit, and in B the batteries are connected wrong.
For 36.. what the hell o_O?

Reaction score
Does anyone have the marking scheme of the physics IGCSE October November 2006 Paper 1? The link on xtreme is for GCE A level , and I can't find any on the internet :/