• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Your welcome! Since someone already explained capacitor , I'll explain time-delay circuit.
If you understand what a capacitor does , time-delay circuits are easy. Basically..in this circuit there is a variable resistor. If you increase the resistance of this resistor the charge flowing through the capacitor decrease causing it to charge up more slowly. This INCREASES the time-delay. If resistance is decreased then more charge flows, the capacitor charges up more quickly and the time-delay is DECREASED. It's actually pretty simple x)
Jazakallahu khairan! dis ws vry helpful. thnk u vry mch!!!

Reaction score
The levels of mercury are what shows the atm pressure. At X and Y, the pressure is same despite the different the thickness of the tube. Remember that in liquids the pressure only depends upon the density of the material and height! So, thickness has no effect :)
thnx!!

Reaction score
oo yea thank you i understood now! thanks for the help :) and do u have nay idea about potential divider and potentiometer?

Yeah those are actually easy as well. A potential divider basically consists of two OR more resistors in series. Any voltage in the circuit is divived between both of them. A potentiometer is a variable potential divider. (This isn't the definition but to help you can think of it like a potential divider is a resistor and a potentiometer is a variable resistor)

Reaction score
guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys can some1 plllllz explain w06 no. 18 .... why c !!!!

I was solving that paper as well and had no clue why it was C.. I put D because it was in the middle and the heat would rise heating the tube above it.
Anyone know why its C?

Reaction score
I was solving that paper as well and had no clue why it was C.. I put D because it was in the middle and the heat would rise heating the tube above it.
Anyone know why its C?
becaouse wen u heat da molecules b'cum less dense, n rise, displacin da more dense molecules. convection currents r den formed.

Reaction score
URGENT HELP NEEDED! PLEASE SOME ONE SOLVE THESE FOR ME
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s10_qp_33.pdf
question 2a (i) and (ii)
Q2)
a) i) Student B
ii) Notice that the spring stretches proportionally with the load till 12.6 and after that, it's streching rate increases. This implies that it's Limit of Elasticity is somewhere around 12.6 cm and the student crossed that!

question 6 (a)
A single beam of light with a constant frequency/wavelength is known as monochromatic light

and question 6 (F) how will i draw please explain!
At B, it will take no turn and will go STRAIGHT as there is no change in the speed (same material). When it reaches the other surface, refract it away from the normal ;) (above)

question 8 whole question i dunno how to do :(
a) You just have to say:
Like charges repel
Opposite charges attract
b) Due to friction, the car becomes charged (as the friction/air resistance 'rubs' against it) This causes a shock to the person when he touches the door handle as electrons are transferred to the person!
c)
i) The negative charges (electrons) are attracted by the rod's charge and thus, move towards it. (Get collected on the right side of the ball)
ii) This is because opposite charges attract! The electrons are ATTRACTED by the positively charged rod!
iii) The negative charges from the earth flow up the body into the ball, replacing the +ve charges. Therefore, the ball becomes negatively charged!

question 9 b- y is it not 22 ohms? and (ii)
It will be 2 ohms only as 22 ohm resister will have no current through it as the current gets a better way :)

ii)
Total resistance = (R1*R2)/(R1+R2)
R1 is 22 + 2 = 24 ohms
R2 is 8 ohms

We use this formula because they are in parallel:

=(8*24)/(8+24)
= 6 ohms

question 10 a and b! please some one help!
a) Amplitude remains the same but you have to change it's wavelength by doing the calculation :p
b) If the PEAK TO PEAK height has to be increased... then you just have to INCREASE the volts/cm while keeping the TIME BASE same :)