• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what does this sentence mean "the 2 Ω resistor is shorted out with a thick piece of wire" ?????? :cry: :cry: :eek:

Reaction score
I dunno about Q18.
For question 27 it's D because copper is not ferrous, meaning it cannot be magnetized easily since it contains no iron.
For 29 the answer is not D because the batteries are not connected in parallel. There side by side, not one over each other. It's A as it is a series circuit, and in B the batteries are connected wrong.
For 36.. what the hell o_O?
thank you soo much zain :) well thn i'll ask sum one else about those 2 questions! well thanks a lot jazakALLAH khair

Reaction score
can some one explain time delay circuit and capacitor please in simple words pleassee!
a capacitor is an electrical device used to store energy temporarily. it charges up wen current is flowin, n dicharges wen current is not flowin.
i'v got no idea wat a time-delay circuit is, sry:(

Reaction score
can some one explain time delay circuit and capacitor please in simple words pleassee!

Your welcome! Since someone already explained capacitor , I'll explain time-delay circuit.
If you understand what a capacitor does , time-delay circuits are easy. Basically..in this circuit there is a variable resistor. If you increase the resistance of this resistor the charge flowing through the capacitor decrease causing it to charge up more slowly. This INCREASES the time-delay. If resistance is decreased then more charge flows, the capacitor charges up more quickly and the time-delay is DECREASED. It's actually pretty simple x)

Reaction score
Your welcome! Since someone already explained capacitor , I'll explain time-delay circuit.
If you understand what a capacitor does , time-delay circuits are easy. Basically..in this circuit there is a variable resistor. If you increase the resistance of this resistor the charge flowing through the capacitor decrease causing it to charge up more slowly. This INCREASES the time-delay. If resistance is decreased then more charge flows, the capacitor charges up more quickly and the time-delay is DECREASED. It's actually pretty simple x)
oo yea thank you i understood now! thanks for the help :) and do u have nay idea about potential divider and potentiometer?

Reaction score
hey ppl...
ques# 14 in may june 2011 Paper 12... I DONT GET IT!! plz explain it 2 me!!

Reaction score
hey ppl...
ques# 14 in may june 2011 Paper 12... I DONT GET IT!! plz explain it 2 me!!
The levels of mercury are what shows the atm pressure. At X and Y, the pressure is same despite the different the thickness of the tube. Remember that in liquids the pressure only depends upon the density of the material and height! So, thickness has no effect :)