• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The potential difference across the variable resistor is 7.0 V and that across the

ammeter is zero.

(i) Calculate the potential difference across the magnetising coil.

potential difference = .................................

(ii) State the general principle used in making this calculation.

...................................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................

7. c . (i) p.d = 12-7= 5 v

(ii) the total voltage of power supply equals the sum of p.d across all components

Hope that helps :)

A.H

Reaction score
Hi,
I signed up just to ask a question here :D
My question is regarding physics
What is meant by dead space? I keep reading this on and on when I check the mark scheme, especially in paper 6.
Thanks in advance.
Aya :)

A.H

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
In physics paper 6, it sometimes ask to calculate the period T with the distance and time as a given!

Like for example when it asked about it in J04 question number 2) a)
How to calculate that?!
Thanks in advance,
Aya

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
In physics paper 6, it sometimes ask to calculate the period T with the distance and time as a given!

How to calculate that?!
Thanks in advance,
Aya

Read the question carefully... The student measures time t for 10 oscillations... You have to give the time period... So divide the time he has recorded by 10 for each of the t values...

ktc

Reaction score
Hi,
What is meant by dead space? I keep reading this on and on when I check the mark scheme, especially in paper 6.
Thanks in advance.
When the human body respires (inhales and exhales), gas exchange takes place (oxygen comes in, carbon dioxide goes out); the air that is inhaled but does not take part in gas exchange is called dead space.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

How to calculate that?!
Thanks in advance,
Aya
T=t/n
where n is the no.of oscillations and t is the total time :)
cuz , for example , say you went to a shop to buy pens, your spent $10 , and you bought 5 pens , how much is one pen ,
similar to that , the pendulum made 10 oscillations , and it took t s for the whole 10 oscillations , so 10/t=T :)
hope that helps
best of luck ;)

Reactions: A.H
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in deep sht for the moment in Physics! Does anyone have Physics notes urgently please!! This would save my life! Only IGCSE...
thanks

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in deep sht for the moment in Physics! Does anyone have Physics notes urgently please!! This would save my life! Only IGCSE...
thanks

ktc

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Just wondering, what year paper was this? Cuz ‘dead space’ is a part of biology (physiology, to be specific), not physics.
I mean, you had a bio doubt in a physics paper! ;p

ktc

Reaction score
Actually, it was written on the mark scheme not the question paper.
Anyhow here it is: http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0625 - Physics/0625_w05_ms_6.pdf
but to be honest I still can't relate your answer to that of the mark scheme....
I see why.

Odd, the question asked was to measure the angle shown in the diagram using the given protractor – it has absolutely nothing to do with ‘dead space’ :/ Or maybe the term has various meanings.

The only other dead space I know is a video game, lol.

Regardless, you can still attempt that question without the need of ‘dead space’ (whatever that means, here :p).

All you gotta do is align the 360 degree protractor parallel to the bench (it’ll be in between 0 – 180 degrees), such that the centre point of the protractor (the small ‘line’, right in the middle of it) coincides with the zero end of the rule taped to the bench. The angle shown on the protractor (which will be more than 180 degrees) – 180 = angle θ.

Btw – you have to draw the diagram. – (It actually becomes easier that way!)