• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well most of these questions have similar answers :
(f) For the first 2.. u just have to read the value from the graph.. i suppose thats pretty simple
(g) For the chemical reaction: If temperature increases.. it'll always be exothermic.. and if temperature decreases then endothermic..other than that if a precipitate is formed they'll mention it in the question.. so its a precipitation reaction....and if its just acid base given and no reference to temperature.. than u can write neutralisation reaction
(h) always remember that volume is inversely proportional to concentration... so write now they have doubled the volume so the concentration will be halved... consequently the temperature change will be less/ halved.
(i) the answer to this will always be the initial temperature u recorded... the first reading from the table ...ALWAYS
these type of questions will have similar answers to the above.. except the numbers will be changed
Thank's Bruh... :D

Reaction score
can anyone help me out with salt analysis in chemistry (paper 6)
any resources or guidance would be helpful. THANKS. :)

Reaction score
This should help
blog_3_solubilityrules.png

Reaction score
salam every1
well i need help with this question of p6
first, is the second graph correct consedering part (e)
and second question is that in part (d) I wrote that all the acid was used up but answer was all zinc used up as acid was in excess so i want to know that how would we knw weather zinc is in excess or acid

Attachments

• 20150418_230614.jpg
    20150418_230614.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20150418_230602.jpg
    20150418_230602.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20150418_230557-1.jpg
    20150418_230557-1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
salam every1
well i need help with this question of p6
first, is the second graph correct consedering part (e)
and second question is that in part (d) I wrote that all the acid was used up but answer was all zinc used up as acid was in excess so i want to know that how would we knw weather zinc is in excess or acid
Lol.. How will the acid get used up... since they are constantly adding more and more HCL until no more reaction happens and the SAME mass of zinc was being used so obviously the acid will be in excess and zinc will be reacted (used up) completely
No the graph u've drawn is incorrect...zinc granules have bigger surface area than powder...so i hope u know that if surface area increases reaction rate decreases thus the the graph will be less steep hence BELOW the original graph... since the same mass of zinc (which means same number of moles) is being used same volume of gas produced...

Reaction score
Lol.. How will the acid get used up... since they are constantly adding more and more HCL until no more reaction happens and the SAME mass of zinc was being used so obviously the acid will be in excess and zinc will be reacted (used up) completely
No the graph u've drawn is incorrect...zinc granules have bigger surface area than powder...so i hope u know that if surface area increases reaction rate decreases thus the the graph will be less steep hence BELOW the original graph... since the same mass of zinc (which means same number of moles) is being used same volume of gas produced...

Thank u very much for ur help...

Reaction score
Btw as far as i knw when S.A increases, the rate of reaction increases? No?