• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey guys can u help me with a good reliable physics notes to study from for this may june???

Reaction score
stable equilibrium is when all the forces on it is balanced and its in a fixed position, during unstable the equilibrium the forces are not balanced thus the object falls or moves, nuetral equilibrium is moving is when the object.
f68d9f9f2b6f809bcdd8cc7508f0b3dc_58581.JPG

i dont think so that moment of levers is in the syllabus of IGCSE O levels>>>>>>>>>

ktc

Reaction score
GUYS!!!!HERE COMES A REAL SCARY QUESTION.....:cautious:
EXPLAIN THE NEED FOR FIXED POINTS???
PLEASE ANSWER FAST:)
Fixed points are necessary to calibrate a thermometer. The two fixed points are the lower fixed point; the ice/freezing point and the upper fixed point; the boiling point.

Place the stem of the thermometer in a beaker filled with crushed ice and water at equilibrium [the temperature of the equilibrium mixture should be about 32 degree Fahrenheit], mark the point at which the liquid in the thermometer rises – you have your freezing point, which is 0 degree Celsius.

As for the boiling point, immerse the stem of the thermometer into a beaker filled with boiling distilled water [the temperature should be about 212 degree Fahrenheit]. Mark the point where the liquid rises in the thermometer and you have your boiling point – 100 degree Celsius.

By using the ice point [0 degrees] and boiling point [100 degrees], you can divide your scale into hundred equal parts, and each division corresponds to a rise in temperature of 1 degree Celsius, on the *condition* the liquid used in the thermometer is *linear*, say, alcohol, for instance.

In a nutshell, no fixed points => no thermometer calibration => no thermometer => we can get away with school by saying we have a temperature.

hey guys can u help me with a good reliable physics notes to study from for this may june???

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/all-notes-o-level-0r-igcse-a-level.4866/

^ Check this thread out. It’s got pretty much all the notes you could ask for.

Reaction score
can any1 upload some really comprehensive notes about organic chemistry ppts wiil do
also if any 1 can could u pls even help n put up sthg abt stoiciometry like the methods/tips to answer past paper qs onn it

ktc

Reaction score
can any1 upload some really comprehensive notes about organic chemistry ppts wiil do
also if any 1 can could u pls even help n put up sthg abt stoiciometry like the methods/tips to answer past paper qs onn it
You know the best part about Xtremepapers? The search button ;)

Here, check these two threads out: Its got notes/tips that may be of use to you:-

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/chemistry-revision.577/

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/want-help-on-organic-chemistry-and-moles-please.11201/#post-146581

Reaction score
WHEN WE TAKE AVERAGE IN CHEMISTRY ATP,WHY DO WE TAKE THE VALUES WHICH DIFFER ONLY BY 0.2?:(REPLY FAST PLEASE!

Reaction score
Fixed points are necessary to calibrate a thermometer. The two fixed points are the lower fixed point; the ice/freezing point and the upper fixed point; the boiling point.

Place the stem of the thermometer in a beaker filled with crushed ice and water at equilibrium [the temperature of the equilibrium mixture should be about 32 degree Fahrenheit], mark the point at which the liquid in the thermometer rises – you have your freezing point, which is 0 degree Celsius.

As for the boiling point, immerse the stem of the thermometer into a beaker filled with boiling distilled water [the temperature should be about 212 degree Fahrenheit]. Mark the point where the liquid rises in the thermometer and you have your boiling point – 100 degree Celsius.

By using the ice point [0 degrees] and boiling point [100 degrees], you can divide your scale into hundred equal parts, and each division corresponds to a rise in temperature of 1 degree Celsius, on the *condition* the liquid used in the thermometer is *linear*, say, alcohol, for instance.

In a nutshell, no fixed points => no thermometer calibration => no thermometer => we can get away with school by saying we have a temperature.

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/all-notes-o-level-0r-igcse-a-level.4866/

^ Check this thread out. It’s got pretty much all the notes you could ask for.
thanx alooot !!:)

Reaction score
I really need a lot of help in this area - circuit diagrams and the the mathematical work related to it - ohms, resistance, power, voltage etc. Is there any guide made where I can get all this in one guide? 2 guides will work fine too. I'm the Combined Science (Extended).

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hey guys, im new to this page
so i wanna know any idea when is the date for the oral assesment exam?
cause im attending IGCSE ....:/

Reaction score
omg i have the same doubtof how to solve bearings
anyone please explain how to solve bearings.... i need the concept

Reaction score
Doubt !!!!!!!!!!
AngleABC= 180-110 =70.
As AB=BC, angle BAC= angle BCA = 55
As bearings are always calculated from north, draw a straight line towards north from C. The angle to the right of C wud be 180-110 =70.
The bearing of A from C wud be calculated from the north line of C, in a clockwise direction all the way to A which= 360-(70+55)
=360-125
=235

Reaction score
omg i have the same doubtof how to solve bearings
anyone please explain how to solve bearings.... i need the concept
Bearings (the angle) are always calculated from north of the point from where it is to be calculated and move in a clockwise direction all the way to the point the end point. For convenience an imaginary line can be drawn from the starting point towards north to get the north of the point.

Reaction score
This question isn't related to exams.

I found a post on FB on a National Geographic launch of a HOUSE using 300 8-foot weather balloons. Is it true or a hoax? :D