• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I NEED THE MARK SCHEME TO BIOLOGY PAPER 1 MAY/JUNE 2002 0590/01!!! PLEASE ANYONE KIND ENOUGH? THANKSS!!

Reaction score
Please? anyone with the Mark Scheme to biology paper 1 may/June 2002 0590! Would really appreciate it! Need it asap. xo

Reaction score
how does radiation ionize air into positive and negative ions
Ionization is always about knocking-off electrons from an atom. Therefore, an alpha particle for example, which is the most ionizing, would knock-off electrons from air molecules, causing them to become anions. These electrons that are knocked-off are absorbed or attracted by other atoms, making them cations.

KZW

Reaction score

ktc

Reaction score
O/N 2003 P6, 0625, Q1D, help me out!
Q.1 d)

(i) To find the estimated volume, it is the area of the shaded part x c

[0.7 x 0.6 x 0.5] x 5.3

= 1.113 cm3

(ii) The actual external volume is the volume we calculated in part (c ) – the volume in part (d ) (i)

32.41 – 1.113 cm3

= 31.3 cm3

[This answer is an estimation, and therefore, you’re answer might not suite mine, but as long as it is within the range given in the marking scheme, you’re good to go]

The range for answer (d) (i) is 0.5 – 2 cm3

Reaction score
Q.1 d)

[0.7 x 0.6 x 0.5] x 5.3

= 1.113 cm3

(ii) The actual external volume is the volume we calculated in part (c ) – the volume in part (d ) (i)

32.41 – 1.113 cm3

= 31.3 cm3

[This answer is an estimation, and therefore, you’re answer might not suite mine, but as long as it is within the range given in the marking scheme, you’re good to go]

Why do we subtract the area? Shouldn't it be the volume which should subtracted from the actual volume?

Reaction score
Q.1 d)

[0.7 x 0.6 x 0.5] x 5.3

= 1.113 cm3

32.41 – 1.113 cm3

= 31.3 cm3

hey can u help me with my question i.e can u solve it too for me.........

ktc

Reaction score
hey can u help me with my question i.e can u solve it too for me.........

A really good friend of mine already had the marking scheme for this year, luckily, and gave it to me. So here’s the answer to your question. :)

0625_s02_qp_6_q_4-jpg.5778