• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have a doubt guys! Since almost all metals are cations and reduction happens at cathode can we say that metals get reduced? OR the substance that gets disposed off (in the form of gas or solid precipitate at the bottom of the beaker) at the electrodes is generally reduced? :S
i think it's the metal that gets reduced..

Reaction score
I agree with the top two but not the last one....it would be C4H8 and C6H12 and H2 .....
its ok any way is right but the space given in the paper was only for two products so i thought that should do it.

Reaction score
2 moles of FeSO4 is used....
1 moles
calculate the mass of Fe2O3.....
same as the previous as its its 1 mole only....
1 mole
this one Im not sure.....does anyone know how to calculate volume based on like moles?
Thx
yea the formula is Volume=no. of moles*24dm3

Reaction score
4b(ii) oxidation is loss of electrons and iodide ions will loss the electrons they took in order to become ions
4b(iii)because ozone makes the iodide to loss their electrons
7a(ii)during crakinga long chain alkane is broken to a long chain alkene and a short chain alkane soo...
it will be
C10H22->C4H8+C6H4
thanxx :)

Reaction score
4b ii) Because oxidation is loss of electrons.....
iii) Because ozone is being reduced, so it is the oxidant...it is oxidizing the pottasium iodide, by taking its electrons.....

7a ii) decane would break down into bute 1 ene and sixane....(dont remember how u say 6 :( ) and hydrogen...
hexene? and thnx

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
2 moles of FeSO4 is used....
1 moles
calculate the mass of Fe2O3.....
same as the previous as its its 1 mole only....
1 mole
this one Im not sure.....does anyone know how to calculate volume based on like moles?
Thx
thanku very much :)