• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 38869
since x and y are parallel there resistance is less.........so when y is removed the resistance across x increeases..and so does the voltage...as x and z are arranged in series so voltage across z decreases so it becomes less brighter......brightness depends on voltage
In a voltage circuit, the voltage remains the same. Thus when we add or remove the lamp, the total voltage at X will still remain the same. As a result, Z will light with the same brightness

Reaction score
In a voltage circuit, the voltage remains the same. Thus when we add or remove the lamp, the total voltage at X will still remain the same. As a result, Z will light with the same brightness

Nope. Assume each bulb has a resistance of 2 ohms, so before Y is removed, X and Y have a combined resistance of (1/2)+(1/2) = 1 ohm
while after Y is removed X would have a resistance of 2 ohms, and so a higher voltage. Consequently, the voltage across Z will decrease and it gets dimmer

Reaction score
You know what? - this idiocy had come in the paper :) I'd seen the answer in the MS, but i dunno... Do we have to KNOW this or DERIVE it?
Why should we be expected to know it? I mean, germanium oxide is pretty obscure. You've just gotta bank on that 'similar to SiO2' statement. Plus, the formula's the same too.

Reaction score
Why should we be expected to know it? I mean, germanium oxide is pretty obscure. You've just gotta bank on that 'similar to SiO2' statement. Plus, the formula's the same too.
That's what i mean- this SiO2. Do we have to know that it's surrounded by six oxygen atoms, and the oxygen atoms are surrounded by two of it? Well, now i know it... but-
Lol. How can it be that it's surrounded by the six O2s and simultaneously two SiO2s surround this O2? :sick:
Draw and show zara :D

Reaction score
That's what i mean- this SiO2. Do we have to know that it's surrounded by six oxygen atoms, and the oxygen atoms are surrounded by two of it? Well, now i know it... but-
Lol. How can it be that it's surrounded by the six O2s and simultaneously two SiO2s surround this O2? :sick:
Draw and show zara :D
Arey!! Who said two whole SiO2s have to surround anything? Read it again man! And yes, we have to know this.