• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
can sumone plzzzz explain da answer to question.no 13 and 33 m/j2010 variant 1...!!!

Reaction score
shyqueen said:
can sumone plzzzz explain da answer to question.no 13 and 33 m/j2010 variant 1...!!!

current in P is I
current in Q and R is (I/2)
power = I^2*R
for P, power= I^2*R
for Q, power= (I/2)^2*R
for R, power= (I/2)^2*R
12= (I/2)^2*R + (I/2)^2*R + I^2*R
12= I^2*R (0.25 + 0.25 +1)
12/1.5 = 8
I^2*R = 8
for R, power is 0.25 I^2*R
that is 2W

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
well here as half the water will travel to the othr container the hieght will drop to half, and also the mass, as there will only be half as much water in that side
so it will be B
thats ok .. hieght is half.. but how come mass can be half?

Reaction score
abrraza said:
ahmed t said:
well here as half the water will travel to the othr container the hieght will drop to half, and also the mass, as there will only be half as much water in that side
so it will be B

cox half of mass is transferred to Y

Reaction score
abrraza said:
ahmed t said:
so it will be B

Since half of the water level is reduced, so half of the mass shifted to the right side, hence mass is halfed.

Reaction score
arlery said:
abrraza said:
ahmed t said:
so it will be B

Since half of the water level is reduced, so half of the mass shifted to the right side, hence mass is halfed.
but they asked overall effect not at oneside of it.. :%) :%)

Reaction score
Yeah but we are telling the overall effect. Firstly that water level on right side is increased, then water level on one side is reduced.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Yeah but we are telling the overall effect. Firstly that water level on right side is increased, then water level on one side is reduced.
mass is constant .. as not loss in water has occured.. only 'h' has been reduced to half value still confused!! :%)

Reaction score
abrraza said:
arlery said:
mass is constant .. as not loss in water has occured.. only 'h' has been reduced to half value still confused!! :%)

Yeah you're right. My bad on the previous part. It is only height that will be gained on side and reduced on one side.