• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
hey can anybody plz explain me the question 21 from j2002......................

Q)A mass of liquid of density (p) is thoroughly mixed with an equal mass of another liquid of density(2p). No change of the total volume occurs...
Waht is the density of the liquid mixture?

A) 4/3 p
B) 3/2 p
C) 5/3 p
D) 3 p

Liquid 1
mass = m
volume = v
density = p

liquid 2
mass = m
density = 2p
volume = 0.5v ( since the mass must be the same, to "balance" the 2p density, the volume must be half)

total density = m/v
which is:
2m/0.5v+v ,which works out to 4/3 (m/v)
so the answer is 4/3 (p)

Reaction score
the answer is C,
Shouldn't it be D?
What exactly do they mean by "a" given cross sectional area. I infer they mean it could be "any" cross section.
So if we find the no.electrons passing through UNIT cross section, it gives us D

Attachments

• s05. 32.png
    s05. 32.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 60
Reaction score
Sorry but that in no way answers my question. I arrived at 6.3*10^-21, but wouldnt there be further step(s) to get no.of electrons per UNIT area?

Reaction score
sakibfaiyaz said:
Sorry but that in no way answers my question. I arrived at 6.3*10^-21, but wouldnt there be further step(s) to get no.of electrons per UNIT area?
i think is write then wat could be that step??

Reaction score
Well as far as I know of the only solution, using dsinθ=nλ, as d and λ are constants, we equate n/sinθ. So 3/sin45 = x/sin90, hence x=4.24.. ~ 4. anybody got a more simpler working?? Please answer. :)

Reaction score
how can I solve this one?

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
well here as half the water will travel to the othr container the hieght will drop to half, and also the mass, as there will only be half as much water in that side
so it will be B

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
well here as half the water will travel to the othr container the hieght will drop to half, and also the mass, as there will only be half as much water in that side
so it will be B

yups!

Reaction score
a molecule of mass m travelling horizontally with the velocity u hits a vertical wall at right angles to the wall. it then rebounds horizontally with the same speed. what it is the change in momentum?
a. zero
b. mu
c. -mu
d. -2mu

Reaction score
Xthegreat said:
arlery said:

why?

because it's traveling with a momentum mu, when it rebounds, it travels in the opposite direction hence it will be -mu

final momentum - initial momentum = -mu-mu = -2mu