• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
@hassam .. what is the answer for the density of rubber and wood question ? can u show how to get the answer ?

Reaction score
YA SURE....1st chek the reasoning....u calculate ratio of weight using principle of moments....this will be equal to the ratio of their masses....
then....volume of wood will be times that of rubber cos of that 4l....now try it out ...nd tell me....i hope u cn reach the anser

Reaction score
hassam said:
YA SURE....1st chek the reasoning....u calculate ratio of weight using principle of moments....this will be equal to the ratio of their masses....
then....volume of wood will be times that of rubber cos of that 4l....now try it out ...nd tell me....i hope u cn reach the anser
i m getting different answers of those in the choices, how can u find the ratio of weights?

Reaction score
applying principle of moments...be careful by taking moments from c.o.g of wood and rubber to pivot !!!

Reaction score
meoooow said:
xHazeMx said:
meoooow said:
can someone please explain how to do this?
B ?

its C!
Oh! i forgot about the 2 wires. okay here are the calculations:
the current in the wire is 0.6 A
the resistance in ONE WIRE in the distance of 800 m = 0.005 x 800 = 4
so in the 2 wires R= 4 x 2 = 8 ohms
use the equation V = IR
V = 0.6 x 8 = 4.8 V
minimum voltage = 16 + 4.8 = 20.8 V

Reaction score
Zenzenzen said:
Could someone help me?

Q36 in this http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International A And AS Level/9702 - Physics/9702_w02_qp_1.pdf

I dont really understand what they're even asking.
the question is asking about the difference in voltages at X and Y. the cell provides 2 V, each of the two wires containing the 3 ( 5 ohms resistors ) will get 2 V as they are connected in parallel. in the first wire at X, the 2 V are divided by 3 since there are 3 similar resistors. so each resistor will take 2/3 V. now, at X 2/3 V has been used as it passed only 1 resistor, so the voltage at X is 4/3 V. the same with the wire at Y, same division of voltages, but the voltage is supplied to 2 resistors before it reaches Y which is 2/3 + 2/3 = 4/3 ( voltage used ) so the voltage present at Y is .. 2 - 4/3 = 2/3.
So at X the voltage in the wire is 4/3 and at Y the voltage present is 2/3. they need the potential difference between X and Y. so

4/3 - 2/3 = 2/3 V , answer is A

Reaction score
how can I solve this? =$

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    26.5 KB · Views: 21