• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P-22 GT.

Reaction score
Was a screw up for me, i prioritised my other subjects so i guess i deserve it. Blanked out in the electricity section. Honestly, the paper wasn't that difficult, 2 weeks of solid revision would easily get you an A. Hope you guys did well.

after S1 on 22nd, we have 19 days to prepare for the MCQ. Gonna go all out for that one. Hammer and tongs.

Reaction score
i think increases the p.d cuz the current decreases but i dont remember
Did it ask about the fixed resistor or the variable resistor? Cause I wrote that it increasse because the increase in resistance is greater than the decrease in current, but if it asked about the fixed resistor this is pretty much a zero

Reaction score
Did it ask about the fixed resistor or the variable resistor? Cause I wrote that it increasse because the increase in resistance is greater than the decrease in current, but if it asked about the fixed resistor this is pretty much a zero
i think it asked to show what happened to voltage across y.. when variable resistor increases... i decreases since resistance across AB increases so a greater proportion of the voltage goes to AB and thus less amount of voltage goes across y

Reaction score
i think it asked to show what happened to voltage across y.. when variable resistor increases... i decreases since resistance across AB increases so a greater proportion of the voltage goes to AB and thus less amount of voltage goes across y
It decreases because the current decreases...they asked us tobeefervto the graph...and V=IR...but it was just two marks and the thresholds usually really low so I do t care

Reaction score
yea i got the absolute uncertainty as 825 as well.. then its 6.6% for sure coz i did it like 3 times
lol I did it thrice too! And didn't have enough time to complete waves :(
Btw how did you calculate the strain ratio? What did the question imply by saying the wires were made with same material?