• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P-22 GT.

Reaction score
the K basic SI units were:kg.m.s^-3.k^-1?
the coin density:12500+or-800?
the sliding box question:1)the two other forces were weight+contact force 2)net force:170 N while 3)R=390 N?
the electricity question:resistance:12 ohms while power in battery:58 W?
the waves question:slit seperation:1.0x10^-3?while for the red wavelength u say -brightness decreases-fringe seperation increases-fringe number increases?
these were my answers im not 100% sure tho

Reaction score
the sliding box question:1)the two other forces were weight+contact force 2)net force:170 N while 3)R=390 N?
the waves question:slit seperation:1.0x10^-3?while for the red wavelength u say -brightness decreases-fringe seperation increases-fringe number increases?
i didnt get that for R...

Reaction score
Oh wow I don't remember anything :eek: P was VI right? And what if I wrote that the angle at which the Maximas and minimas are formed increases when the red light is used, according to dsinA= nlambda?

Reaction score
i didnt get that for R...
i solved it like this:after getting the net force the only forces causing the acceleration are mgsin(theta) and friction R hence:mgsin(theta)-R=ma "ma is 170 which is the net force we got"solving it gives R but i forgot the values of theta and m so i cant calc it do u remember them?i think 35/30 degrees and i dont remember the mass at all.

Reaction score
:O but why do we subtitute :/?
Stress = Force/Area, right?
Force was the same for both but the areas were different.
For P the area was : 1/4(pie)(d^2)
For Q the area was : (pie)(d^2)
Apply the formula, with P ABOVE Q, i'm pretty sure you can do the math after that :p
The answer you'll get is P:Q = 4:1

I'm not quite sure about the second part but it was either 1:2 or 2:1. How?
Suppose the extension in P was e, so strain in P = e/original length
now here's the confusing part, i don't know what was the extension in Q it was either (1/2)e or 2e. Anybody here who can help me with this? :p
First i did it with (1/2)e i got the ratio 2:1 but for some reason i cancelled it and took 2e as the extension finally arriving at the ratio 1:2. There's no third answer to it i'm sure :D

Reaction score
Oh wow I don't remember anything :eek: P was VI right? And what if I wrote that the angle at which the Maximas and minimas are formed increases when the red light is used, according to dsinA= nlambda?
yes P=VI do u remember the voltage in the battery?and the current ?i remember the current was 2.4 u get that from the graph.and the angle is relevant so sadly i think they wont count it u need to mention the fringe's brighness/seperation/number,as the question said.

Reaction score
yes P=VI do u remember the voltage in the battery?and the current ?i remember the current was 2.4 u get that from the graph.and the angle is relevant so sadly i think they wont count it u need to mention the fringe's brighness/seperation/number,as the question said.
It was in a marking scheme when they were comparing blue and red lights so I dunno, but in that question they we had to use the equation dsintheta= nlambda to find d

Reaction score
What did the question say? That we had to give in terms of brightness and the number of fringes? Are you sure it said that o_O